Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Disclaimer: I am not implying that Islamic law is in any way, shape or form a bad thing. This thread is meant solely for the purpose of informing people on TSR of current events, and starting a discussion. I'm not trying to promote hate speech

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ma...-idUSKCN0YJ04N
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So its a political move, from a politician fighting for his life and is to be discussed in October?
    It applies to muslims only and in states which already practice civil Sharia law.
    It has no chance of coming into force as it needs a 2/3 majority and the Chinese and Indians vehemently oppose it.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    and the Chinese and Indians vehemently oppose it.
    How intolerant of them!

ReputationRep:
    I am getting out of this shithole and migrating to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    So its a political move, from a politician fighting for his life and is to be discussed in October?
    It applies to muslims only and in states which already practice civil Sharia law.
    It has no chance of coming into force as it needs a 2/3 majority and the Chinese and Indians vehemently oppose it.
    What do the Chinese and Indians have to do with Malaysia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    I am getting out of this shithole and migrating to the UK.
    Not the best idea if you're trying to get away from Islam.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    How intolerant of them!
    Not really. I was just putting it into perspective. It has no chance of making it into law,.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    What do the Chinese and Indians have to do with Malaysia?
    The major ethnic groupings.

ReputationRep:
    Just adding to the point, if islamic laws are passed our prime minister will be the first that to have his hands cut off for stealing 2.6 billion of tax payers money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.