Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you change sixth forms on the first week if you feel you made the wrong choice? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    yh, lots of people come for like induction day or the first day then leave for another school, I'm not sure if that apply's for the whole week also you should have already applied to the other school and enrolled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlphaParticle)
    yh, lots of people come for like induction day or the first day then leave for another school, I'm not sure if that apply's for the whole week also you should have already applied to the other school and enrolled
    Thanks, I thought I was screwed
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, I know people who have done this.

ReputationRep:
    It's usually fine, but make sure to apply for a few places if your not sure as then you can make your mind up closer to the time. That's what I'm personally doing anyway, but check with the specific school bevause they're all different.

ReputationRep:
    yes, seen a ton of people leave and come into six forms that way. i think after 2 weeks is pushing it and 2 weeks is the max ive seen,the 2 weeks he wasn't in the school also counted towards his attendance though, so he was never really above 85%, even though he rarely bunked lessons.

ReputationRep:
    idk if it's the same at other schools, but if you leave my school for sixth form and decide to go somewhere else, you can usually come back within the first few weeks or so

ReputationRep:
    Someone joined our sixth form but left to return to his previous school's sixth form within a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_Hind)
    It's usually fine, but make sure to apply for a few places if your not sure as then you can make your mind up closer to the time. That's what I'm personally doing anyway, but check with the specific school bevause they're all different.
    Thanks, I've applied to loads of schools in advance

ReputationRep:
    i changed my sixth form 3 times in one month so yes , definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sfhkh)
    If the sixth form doesn't suit yiu and you would work better somewhere else, you can probably make the change if you consult the sixth forms. Some people I know have even made the change after a year in sixth form, but they might have extra catch up work. As long as you feel comfortable and that you are working well, that's the most important thing

ReputationRep:
    i knew someone who cam for a week then left once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furtherlearner)
    If the sixth form doesn't suit yiu and you would work better somewhere else, you can probably make the change if you consult the sixth forms. Some people I know have even made the change after a year in sixth form, but they might have extra catch up work. As long as you feel comfortable and that you are working well, that's the most important thing
    Thanks, It's so hard to choose which sixth form to go to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.