This discussion is closed.
clairezay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I only did single science gcse, yet I need to take physics on for a level? Would you say this was a bad choice? The physics course that's running in sixth form (I forget the name), is basically physics in the environment.

Could anyone offer any advice?

-Thanks-
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by clairezay)
I only did single science gcse, yet I need to take physics on for a level? Would you say this was a bad choice? The physics course that's running in sixth form (I forget the name), is basically physics in the environment.

-Thanks-
I think you will fnd it very hard, but not impossible if you were prepared to do the extra work needed, what grade did you get, and why do you need to do it
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by clairezay)

-Thanks-
Do it if you think you can cope. Dont listen to anyone else.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thenarbisbanned)
Do it if you think you can cope. Dont listen to anyone else.
which narb is this ??
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it is very possible to do so. the gcse teaches a lot of "fuzzy" science that doing an alevel is like working with a clean slate. if you do do it, i would advise you to do a bit of background reading (like stuff off the double/triple science physics syllabus that you havent come accross) in the summer before starting the course.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dunno, but that sounds like the Salters Horners course.
RobbieC
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can do it, just work hard, things have a way of working out.
Callum10
Report 16 years ago
Physics GCSE actually is very handy for A Level physics (shock horror) and i wouldn't say that A level physics is difficult at all. In fact i probably found GCSE physics more difficult in some respects, with all that AND/NOT/OR gate nonsense. If you do A level maths + mechanics, the first term or so of physics a level will be a joke....If you find GCSE physcis difficult, don't worry, i think that many people in our school felt the same, but have gone on to get *very* high marks at A level (one kid currently has 390/390 from the first 4 Phy modules !)
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Callum10)
Physics GCSE actually is very handy for A Level physics (shock horror) and i wouldn't say that A level physics is difficult at all. In fact i probably found GCSE physics more difficult in some respects, with all that AND/NOT/OR gate nonsense. If you do A level maths + mechanics, the first term or so of physics a level will be a joke....If you find GCSE physcis difficult, don't worry, i think that many people in our school felt the same, but have gone on to get *very* high marks at A level (one kid currently has 390/390 from the first 4 Phy modules !)
Helpful in what sense? I didn’t find it helped one bit :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.63%
Confident (31)
12.16%
Indifferent (44)
17.25%
Unsure (68)
26.67%
Worried (90)
35.29%

Watched Threads