Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

would you... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I only did single science gcse, yet I need to take physics on for a level? Would you say this was a bad choice? The physics course that's running in sixth form (I forget the name), is basically physics in the environment.

Could anyone offer any advice?

-Thanks-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairezay)
    I only did single science gcse, yet I need to take physics on for a level? Would you say this was a bad choice? The physics course that's running in sixth form (I forget the name), is basically physics in the environment.

-Thanks-
    I think you will fnd it very hard, but not impossible if you were prepared to do the extra work needed, what grade did you get, and why do you need to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairezay)

-Thanks-
    Do it if you think you can cope. Dont listen to anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Do it if you think you can cope. Dont listen to anyone else.
    which narb is this ??

ReputationRep:
    it is very possible to do so. the gcse teaches a lot of "fuzzy" science that doing an alevel is like working with a clean slate. if you do do it, i would advise you to do a bit of background reading (like stuff off the double/triple science physics syllabus that you havent come accross) in the summer before starting the course.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, but that sounds like the Salters Horners course.

ReputationRep:
    You can do it, just work hard, things have a way of working out.

ReputationRep:
    Physics GCSE actually is very handy for A Level physics (shock horror) and i wouldn't say that A level physics is difficult at all. In fact i probably found GCSE physics more difficult in some respects, with all that AND/NOT/OR gate nonsense. If you do A level maths + mechanics, the first term or so of physics a level will be a joke....If you find GCSE physcis difficult, don't worry, i think that many people in our school felt the same, but have gone on to get *very* high marks at A level (one kid currently has 390/390 from the first 4 Phy modules !)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum10)
    Physics GCSE actually is very handy for A Level physics (shock horror) and i wouldn't say that A level physics is difficult at all. In fact i probably found GCSE physics more difficult in some respects, with all that AND/NOT/OR gate nonsense. If you do A level maths + mechanics, the first term or so of physics a level will be a joke....If you find GCSE physcis difficult, don't worry, i think that many people in our school felt the same, but have gone on to get *very* high marks at A level (one kid currently has 390/390 from the first 4 Phy modules !)
    Helpful in what sense? I didn’t find it helped one bit :eek:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.