Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Starting a new Relationship? watch

Announcements

I was wondering what your main tips are about starting a brand new relationship with someone that your very much glad to be with, but have a few doubts at the back of your mind if your good enough. Like how do you deal with being better than their last ex? Making sure they're happy enough to stay with you? ect ect.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was wondering what your main tips are about starting a brand new relationship with someone that your very much glad to be with, but have a few doubts at the back of your mind if your good enough. Like how do you deal with being better than their last ex? Making sure they're happy enough to stay with you? ect ect.....
    Don't do stupid things, don't be illogical.. basically don't do anything what people do on this sub-forum.

(Original post by ckfeister)
    Don't do stupid things, don't be illogical.. basically don't do anything what people do on this sub-forum.
    thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about trying to be better than their ex or any ******** like that.
    Be yourself, they either like you for who you are or they don't. If you go into a relationship obsessing over whether or not you're better than their ex, it'll only end badly. Just enjoy being with the person and dont waste your time comparing yourself to their baggage.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above poster you can't worry about being better than an ex it will end badly. Do be yourself that is why the person likes you enough to enter into a relationship with you. That being said, try to see events from your partner's point of view, don't be possessive, be complimentary. Notice and be thankful for what you like about him/her (besides just the physical) and let you're partner know....for example: I really like how you are so helpful with cleaning, thank you for always picking me up after work, or I really appreciate how kind you are to my family (okay, maybe dumb examples but you get what I mean) and of course give physical compliments as well. It is important to regularly let a partner know what you appreciate about them and how you value them as a person and a partner. If you do those things (with sincerity, - but don't over do it - just take notice and comment when when appropriate, hopefully at least once a day) you won't have to worry about 'being better' than an ex and he/she will want to stick by your side. People like to be appreciated. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Let it evolve naturally is my greatest bit of advice. Don't rush it.

Keep texting to a minimum, only to plan dates.

After maybe 2-3 weeks of dating, you don't really need to get in contact with her anymore because, if things are going well, she'll get in contact most of the time.

After 2-3 months, she'll fall in love.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.