Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 17, she's my first crush, and I always thought of relationships at my age as pointless, perhaps they are, but when I am still within a few miles of this girl I have to just say what I feel to her so I'm without regret. I see her on rare occasions, and we haven't spoken for about 9 months because we have different friend groups. We were never really close but when we talked it was funny and flirty, she's very confident and very easy to talk to.

I just have to show that I can be confident too and I want to hear your thoughts on how I intend to ask her out so I don't mess up... It's just a guideline, I'm not going to recite it. "Hey _____, long time no see, how are you?", then have a quick chat, ask her what she's doing in the summer, and ask her if she wants to meet up for a coffee or whatever and if she says yes, get her number. Reasonable? It's not a full-on date especially as we haven't talked for quite a while, but it's a catch-up with an obvious intention to perhaps start something. No trolls would be nice, Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I'd get to know her a bit more before you ask her out to have a coffee or something. Maybe try and add her on Facebook and get chatting then? It's a lot more casual than asking for her number in my opinion. Keep chatting to her on Facebook, try and gauge if she wants to talk to you or if you are being a nuisance to her. If all goes well then that is the perfect time to drop in something about meeting up, like you say a coffee or lunch somewhere? If you think she is really interested maybe ask her to go for a meal one night or go to the movies? Imo coffee or lunch is a lot more causal, movies or a dinner is more along the lines of a date.

Hope this helped! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good strategy to me. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds great, be brave and just go for it. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are you going to initially contact her? Through facebook or do you think you'll see her in person. I like the facebook idea myself and you can somewhat gauge the situation by her interaction on fb. You don't have to 'chat' for a long time but make sure she is responding promptly and seemingly interested in the chat before asking her for coffee. I hope it works out for you. Good Luck!

I was thinking about seeing her in public, cause I can gauge her reaction there. If we're chatty I'll ask her, if she's receptive I'll leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I hear you mate, it's hard to make a girl you like grow an attachment to you when you are in different groups 24/7. What I would say is, if it really means that much to you, just face the music and approach her. It becomes especially difficult when the girl is in an all girl group all the bloody time, because unless your the definition of suave, the it makes her getting to like you all that much harder. However, as you said you don't want to have any regret, then just do it buddy, you don't want to make the same mistake I did....

ReputationRep:
    Be confident and go for it!

I wish you the best of luck!

Cheers guys, means a lot. And I feel you @DauntlessOne, she's normally with a mix of guys and girls but it's harder when she's with guys I think. Don't want any regrets.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.