Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Weird hair question. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Most people would agree that when hair is on someone's head it is good but as soon as they cut it off the hair becomes "disgusting". What is it all about.

MB
    Not entirely sure!

Thought I would reply though, as I just can't get 'jew-fros' out of my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousGeorge)
    It's just one of those things. For example, you could know someone and think "cor, he's sexy, I'd like him in my bed.." so you get him in your bed and then you go to sleep, if you woke up the nexy morning and he was dead you'd not be thinking "cor he's sexy" you'd think
    "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UURRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!"
    even though a few hours ago you'd thought it was great.
    And you'd probably think "damn I must be good if it killed him."
    It's kind of the same.
    ooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk kinda get your point

(Original post by Helenia)
    When my sister washes her hair she makes little sculptures/swirly patterns with it on the shower wall. Not particularly disgusting, just I have to clean it up
    A strange habbit indeed, why do you clean it up, you should let her do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    should clean it up with her face lol

(Original post by trigger)
    should clean it up with her face lol
    Excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Because she's useless, and I have to do things like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Most people would agree that when hair is on someone's head it is good but as soon as they cut it off the hair becomes "disgusting". What is it all about.

MB
    maybe because it gives the impression that it's dead, therefore rotting possibly. I don't know, it's all psychological......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    maybe because it gives the impression that it's dead, therefore rotting possibly. I don't know, it's all psychological......
    whatever it is its gross but people are quite happy to own chairs with horse hair in them *shudders* theres a pony out there without a tail wheres your compassion people

ReputationRep:
    whatever it is its gross but people are quite happy to own chairs with horse hair in them *shudders* theres a pony out there without a tail wheres your compassion people
    and rugs. i saw rugs with tassels made out of horse hair in a carpet shop. imagine a fur coat. ewww. can you see someone wearing your own skin? yuk!

ReputationRep:
    It's because when hair is cut, it's "dead". In the same way, you wouldn't find your own skin disgusting but if you started peeling shed loads of skin, you'd find the dead skin quite revolting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    It's because when hair is cut, it's "dead". In the same way, you wouldn't find your own skin disgusting but if you started peeling shed loads of skin, you'd find the dead skin quite revolting.
    but it doesnt look dead does it? it would look the same as when it was attached to your head because thats not exactly kicking alive whereas if you shed skin it would be dry and sick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    yeah the hair on your haed is dead anyway

ReputationRep:
    yeah the hair on your haed is dead anyway
    that what i just said!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.