Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am going to start MA Interpreting and translation based on Singleton Campus. But I am also looking at HSV and beck house accommodation, is there a bus? What is the best? thanks a lot
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by michela93)
    Hi I am going to start MA Interpreting and translation based on Singleton Campus. But I am also looking at HSV and beck house accommodation, is there a bus? What is the best? thanks a lot
    HSV still available that's crazy. Half of it is being closed and buried aha!

There is a bus from HSV to Singleton but I dunno if they've stopped it. You'll have to just phone the uni up. It's a LONG way about 30 mins bus ride.

Have you not considered house sharing? It's much cheaper than the uni halls.

ReputationRep:
    is the accommodation is very cheap as compare to halls?

ReputationRep:
    HSV is still open and they are still running buses. It is actually a 12 minute bus ride not 30 minutes. Living in a shared house is usually cheaper than halls and most private accommodation is less than 30 minutes walk
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by michela93)
    Hi Michela,

Yes there are frequent bus services that will be able to take you to your lectures on Singleton Campus from HSV and Beck House.
    If you fancy walking, Beck House is roughly 15 minutes away and HSV is roughly 30 minutes.

HSV is known for being a very lively, sociable site and the accommodation is very affordable as the cost is lower because all the rooms are standard with shared bathrooms.
    Beck House is more suitable for international students, mature students and students with their families.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.