swansea singleton accommodation

Watch
michela93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I am going to start MA Interpreting and translation based on Singleton Campus. But I am also looking at HSV and beck house accommodation, is there a bus? What is the best? thanks a lot
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by michela93)
Hi I am going to start MA Interpreting and translation based on Singleton Campus. But I am also looking at HSV and beck house accommodation, is there a bus? What is the best? thanks a lot
HSV still available that's crazy. Half of it is being closed and buried aha!

There is a bus from HSV to Singleton but I dunno if they've stopped it. You'll have to just phone the uni up. It's a LONG way about 30 mins bus ride.

Have you not considered house sharing? It's much cheaper than the uni halls.
anjalivij23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
is the accommodation is very cheap as compare to halls?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
HSV is still open and they are still running buses. It is actually a 12 minute bus ride not 30 minutes. Living in a shared house is usually cheaper than halls and most private accommodation is less than 30 minutes walk
Swansea University Residential Services
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by michela93)
Hi Michela,

Yes there are frequent bus services that will be able to take you to your lectures on Singleton Campus from HSV and Beck House.
If you fancy walking, Beck House is roughly 15 minutes away and HSV is roughly 30 minutes.

HSV is known for being a very lively, sociable site and the accommodation is very affordable as the cost is lower because all the rooms are standard with shared bathrooms.
Beck House is more suitable for international students, mature students and students with their families.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (7)
15.91%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
25%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (3)
6.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (6)
13.64%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (1)
2.27%
I think it's an unfair expectation (15)
34.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed