Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I have a few questions which I hope someone who goes there could answer.

1. Are there any particular accommodations that are quieter with more soundproofed rooms than others?

2. Is it fairly easy to get accommodation in Bath in your second year or do most people have to move to places like Bristol etc?

3. How expensive is accommodation in Bath for second year (I heard its an expensive city to live in)

4. How far is Bath from campus, like can I reasonably expect to pop into town a few days a week or is it too far for that?

Thanks and I really appreciate your input!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WCF)
    Hey everyone, I have a few questions which I hope someone who goes there could answer.

1. Are there any particular accommodations that are quieter with more soundproofed rooms than others?

2. Is it fairly easy to get accommodation in Bath in your second year or do most people have to move to places like Bristol etc?

3. How expensive is accommodation in Bath for second year (I heard its an expensive city to live in)

4. How far is Bath from campus, like can I reasonably expect to pop into town a few days a week or is it too far for that?

Thanks and I really appreciate your input!
    Soundproofing.. I'm not sure if any are. There is a 'quiet' accommodation (Osborne house) and if you don't like noise, Norwood is to be avoided.

2. It's not particularly difficult. A lot of people live in a place called Oldfield Park, which is not too far from the town and there's a bus that runs to uni. I live in an area called Southdown that a quiter bus route runs (one every 30 mins) and I would recommend it.

3. Expensive.. I lived in Eastwood for the first year, which was £88 p/w all inclusive, and now my rent is that much alone and then there's just heating, internet, water etc on top of that but it's not too bad.

4. 35 minute walk into town but there are a few buses that go down regularly. You can get a 1 year bus pass at the start of the year at a discounted rate which you should et from the second year onwards if you're going by bus. For the first year, you'd have to go on the bus over 100+ times in the year for it to be worth it :dontknow: so it's your choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.