Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I get this weird feeling in my chest sometimes, not that often but not really spread out, maybe once or twice a month, sometimes none or sometimes more. I can't really describe it but it just kind of feels empty, and I feel really low for a while, usually for around an hour or so. Does anyone know why this might be and if it's normal?

i get that sometimes too, i'm not sure if it's normal
    are you ok? things going good in your life?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    i get that sometimes too, i'm not sure if it's normal
    are you ok? things going good in your life?
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, but I'm not glad that you get it too, it's such a horrible feeling.
    Things are okay I guess, I'm in the middle of my GCSEs so I've got exam stress but nothing too severe. My parents split up about three years ago and I really struggled with anger issues and I'm not really sure how to describe it but I always got really stressed out so bad I was crying uncontrolably and it took me a long time to get back to normal, but these issues seem to have resolved, I still get stressed but not as bad as I used to so I can control it, and my parents argue a lot and sometimes I'm stuck in the middle, but I have wuite a good relationships with both of them, although i used to have a bad relationship with my dad which has got so much better in the past year, and I used to be really close with my mum but now we're not as close

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, but I'm not glad that you get it too, it's such a horrible feeling.
    Things are okay I guess, I'm in the middle of my GCSEs so I've got exam stress but nothing too severe. My parents split up about three years ago and I really struggled with anger issues and I'm not really sure how to describe it but I always got really stressed out so bad I was crying uncontrolably and it took me a long time to get back to normal, but these issues seem to have resolved, I still get stressed but not as bad as I used to so I can control it, and my parents argue a lot and sometimes I'm stuck in the middle, but I have wuite a good relationships with both of them, although i used to have a bad relationship with my dad which has got so much better in the past year, and I used to be really close with my mum but now we're not as close
    damn yeah, that might explain the "empty" feeling - sounds as if you had a pretty rough time mentally?
    i have social anxiety because i was bullied for 5 years pretty much nonstop, that's obviously not the same case as yours but i'm sure there's a link between you feeling empty and me feeling empty
    i would recommend going to a psychologist honestly? like i know that's a bit simple but i'm not exactly qualified and i don't know if anyone else on this forum is either
    might help to talk it out and get things off your chest

damn yeah, that might explain the "empty" feeling - sounds as if you had a pretty rough time mentally?
    i have social anxiety because i was bullied for 5 years pretty much nonstop, that's obviously not the same case as yours but i'm sure there's a link between you feeling empty and me feeling empty
    i would recommend going to a psychologist honestly? like i know that's a bit simple but i'm not exactly qualified and i don't know if anyone else on this forum is either
    might help to talk it out and get things off your chest
    Thanks, maybe I should but I don't like the idea of having to talk to my parents about it, my family think I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I'm not sure how seriously they'll take it, they might just tell me that it's nothing or it's just exam stress which would make me feel worse

Thanks, maybe I should but I don't like the idea of having to talk to my parents about it, my family think I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I'm not sure how seriously they'll take it, they might just tell me that it's nothing or it's just exam stress which would make me feel worse
    well i mean, if you need it, you need it... surely they'd give way if you told them about the empty feeling, right? like that can't be "hypochondriac", i'd be worried if my kid told me things like that
    have you had that feeling before or did it come about once exam season started?

ReputationRep:
    I have it all the time.

well i mean, if you need it, you need it... surely they'd give way if you told them about the empty feeling, right? like that can't be "hypochondriac", i'd be worried if my kid told me things like that
    have you had that feeling before or did it come about once exam season started?
    I've gotten it for quite a while, I can't even remember when I first got it. I guess so, thank you, I'll think about talking to them, I might try talking to my mum about about it rather than my dad because I feel she'll take it more seriously, or she might just tell me it's nothing, but I suppose it's better to tell her

(Original post by Pizzaface97)
    I have it all the time.
    So it's quite common?

Possibly an orgasm?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.