Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well i have this weird feeling in my heart which is telling me that ive failed all of my exams and i cant get rid of it. Ive done everything i possibly can to succeed, but i just feel like i failed life altogether.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you've done your best, then that's enough. Keep doing your best till they are complete.
    It's natural to be worried and people normally do better than they think.
    If you dont get what you wnat , then just resit them.

The sky doesnt fall in and odc you will ahve a future.

ReputationRep:
    If you fail your exams, you'll die.

Spoiler:
    Show
    of course you will

ReputationRep:
    Of course you will. Don't worry about it! There are so many things you could do.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend completely messed up his A-Levels..He's now finished his first year at university. So yes there are ways around it. Exams arent everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasaron)
    If you fail your exams, you'll die.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    of course you will
    Thanks haha
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    There are many jobs out there that don't require any degrees.

As long as you have a C grade in GCSE English and Mathematics, you'll be fine.

Don't focus on what'll go wrong though, do the best you can at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMM12)
    Well i have this weird feeling in my heart which is telling me that ive failed all of my exams and i cant get rid of it. Ive done everything i possibly can to succeed, but i just feel like i failed life altogether.
    Mate, NEVER let exams get the better of you or make you feel down (especially post-exams). Exams are subjective, and what may seem wrong to you may not seem so wrong to an examiner. In other words, it is hard to predict the outcome of exams and my only advice is not to worry about it until say - the night before results day. I only it is easier said than done - yes I have been there before and it is not easy for me being Asian. But hey, I have cocked up bad in exams in the past and it was best to move on and take some form of action. What I love about this country is that there is always a second chance and there are loads of options available.

All in all, don't worry mate - we all, including myself tend to mark ourselves harsher than we ought to. Best thing is to wait closer to results day and take action then. Hope all goes well and feel free to let me know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samklipas0)
    Mate, NEVER let exams get the better of you or make you feel down (especially post-exams). Exams are subjective, and what may seem wrong to you may not seem so wrong to an examiner. In other words, it is hard to predict the outcome of exams and my only advice is not to worry about it until say - the night before results day. I only it is easier said than done - yes I have been there before and it is not easy for me being Asian. But hey, I have cocked up bad in exams in the past and it was best to move on and take some form of action. What I love about this country is that there is always a second chance and there are loads of options available.

All in all, don't worry mate - we all, including myself tend to mark ourselves harsher than we ought to. Best thing is to wait closer to results day and take action then. Hope all goes well and feel free to let me know how it goes
    Thanks thats helped me abit. Yeah i will let you know how ive done lol, even if your shocked at how dumb i actually am. In year 10 i did 2 exams. I got a A* in English literature and and i got an A in core science. My parents were still not happy with my grades lol dont know why.
    And im really BAD at Maths, i dont hate it but im just not good at it and i would like to be. Since year 7 i didnt know my times tables, literally nothing. I used to get Es and Fs in my end of year tests. Now im actually working towards getting a c, Hopefully i get it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMM12)
    Thanks thats helped me abit. Yeah i will let you know how ive done lol, even if your shocked at how dumb i actually am. In year 10 i did 2 exams. I got a A* in English literature and and i got an A in core science. My parents were still not happy with my grades lol dont know why.
    And im really BAD at Maths, i dont hate it but im just not good at it and i would like to be. Since year 7 i didnt know my times tables, literally nothing. I used to get Es and Fs in my end of year tests. Now im actually working towards getting a c, Hopefully i get it lol.
    Thanks for getting back to me. Mate, no one is dumb in my eyes - seriously! I don't care if you are a doctor or someone with mental health issues - you are still a human - which means that you are a person worth talking to! . Always remember, there is no such thing as a dumb person. A person who may not be good academically - may be very good vocationally - i.e. hands on. I only know all too well about this, as I have a cousin who wasn't very bright in his academic studies and he can now fix cars, drive lorries and he is a wanted man (in terms of helping people out)! He is quite successful in life and that is what matters at the end of the day - happiness. Don't worry about your academic studies - this is the UK - a country where people get second chances. If you fail - hey it's not a great feeling but at least you can learn from it and apply to a college and retake. Whatever, the outcome you are still human and you should not be too hard on yourself. Wish you all the best mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    There are many jobs out there that don't require any degrees.

As long as you have a C grade in GCSE English and Mathematics, you'll be fine.

Don't focus on what'll go wrong though, do the best you can at the moment.
    This.

Those are the two most important grades, get those and you can get by regardless.

Even if you don't get those, you can resit.

I wouldn't stress too much, you've done all you can.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for getting back to me. Mate, no one is dumb in my eyes - seriously! I don't care if you are a doctor or someone with mental health issues - you are still a human - which means that you are a person worth talking to! . Always remember, there is no such thing as a dumb person. A person who may not be good academically - may be very good vocationally - i.e. hands on. I only know all too well about this, as I have a cousin who wasn't very bright in his academic studies and he can now fix cars, drive lorries and he is a wanted man (in terms of helping people out)! He is quite successful in life and that is what matters at the end of the day - happiness. Don't worry about your academic studies - this is the UK - a country where people get second chances. If you fail - hey it's not a great feeling but at least you can learn from it and apply to a college and retake. Whatever, the outcome you are still human and you should not be too hard on yourself. Wish you all the best mate
    Thank you very much! Its really nice to talk to people who have a good heart, especially you! I dont know you but your really good at giving advice and thank you very much for that.
    Yah and your right, everyone has different skills and some people may be good academically and some may not- i totally agree!
    Even if i dont get good grades atleast i will know i have tried hard and trying hard is what counts!
    Whatever grade i get i will be thankful because you cant always get what you want, and thats what this world is really like.
    Anyway thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMM12)
    Thank you very much! Its really nice to talk to people who have a good heart, especially you! I dont know you but your really good at giving advice and thank you very much for that.
    Yah and your right, everyone has different skills and some people may be good academically and some may not- i totally agree!
    Even if i dont get good grades atleast i will know i have tried hard and trying hard is what counts!
    Whatever grade i get i will be thankful because you cant always get what you want, and thats what this world is really like.
    Anyway thanks!
    Many thanks for your kind words. It is at least nice to know that my advice is being appreciated by someone. You will be surprised at the amount of people who choose NOT to listen to my advice and then they end up screwing up somewhere down the line. I used to experience exactly what you are describing in my younger years. I went to one of those selective schools where you have to take a test and well I got in which was great. However, once I was about 13 my mind was not on my studies and I was eventually sort of one of the "dumbest" kids in my class. This carried on until year 11 when the school eventually told my parents that I may have to be removed from the school and apply for a sixth form college elsewhere. I did, however, meet the entry requirements to get back into that school but the chemistry and history amongst teachers and staff wasn't great. I told my parents I didn't want to go there but due to my ethnic background and culture, my parents kind of forced me to go. Those high school years weren't my greatest and I didn't achieve the best grades possible - but it made me realize one thing. That EVERY person has something they are good at - just because someone like me (hey, I wouldn't consider myself extremely smart) is not very academically smart doesn't mean to say that I am dumb. I am good at programming as such and that in its own right is a very difficult skill to grasp.

The thing is this, you are young and it is okay to feel down sometimes. But you have a long bright future ahead of yourself. It is unfortunate that there isn't much being done in schools such as offering psychological advice or life coach sessions. But trust me my friend, everything happens for a reason. Hope all goes well in the end, and whatever the outcome - remember humans do make mistakes and we ALL LEARN FROM IT! Peace

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks for your kind words. It is at least nice to know that my advice is being appreciated by someone. You will be surprised at the amount of people who choose NOT to listen to my advice and then they end up screwing up somewhere down the line. I used to experience exactly what you are describing in my younger years. I went to one of those selective schools where you have to take a test and well I got in which was great. However, once I was about 13 my mind was not on my studies and I was eventually sort of one of the "dumbest" kids in my class. This carried on until year 11 when the school eventually told my parents that I may have to be removed from the school and apply for a sixth form college elsewhere. I did, however, meet the entry requirements to get back into that school but the chemistry and history amongst teachers and staff wasn't great. I told my parents I didn't want to go there but due to my ethnic background and culture, my parents kind of forced me to go. Those high school years weren't my greatest and I didn't achieve the best grades possible - but it made me realize one thing. That EVERY person has something they are good at - just because someone like me (hey, I wouldn't consider myself extremely smart) is not very academically smart doesn't mean to say that I am dumb. I am good at programming as such and that in its own right is a very difficult skill to grasp.

The thing is this, you are young and it is okay to feel down sometimes. But you have a long bright future ahead of yourself. It is unfortunate that there isn't much being done in schools such as offering psychological advice or life coach sessions. But trust me my friend, everything happens for a reason. Hope all goes well in the end, and whatever the outcome - remember humans do make mistakes and we ALL LEARN FROM IT! Peace
    Thanks for replying back, smiled the whole way through it lol! Thanks for telling me your experiences, it really helped!
    Yah i have the same problems as you tbh, i always follow what my parents say due to my religion. Im a muslim and my parents are kinda strict but they do love me and they want me to do well, but I pretty much dont have as much free will as other kids lol! "Follow your dreams" is what they think is a stupid idea lol, but thats what ALL teachers and random people put in my mind which i cannot follow.i feel abit left out lol. Anyway im generally patient and if i get into a career that i dont like i would try telling my parents, but the hardest thing is that i dont want to hurt them and i want them to be happy. Lol i dont know what im saying anymore, but thankyou PEACE.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.