Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a school dropout. I have aspergers syndrome and couldn't deal with the social aspect. I coped much better as I got older, and got GCSE maths and english in order to get into college where I studied music. I have a level 3 extended diploma in music in which I got Merit, Merit, Pass.

I'm now in a place 3 years later where I'd like to study Building Surveying at Northumbria University. Their foundation degree states that you need Merit, Merit, Pass if you did a diploma, but would they even consider me if my diploma is in music?

Feeling a bit hopeless and lost as there is no way I can afford to take A-levels as a mature student.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fooby)
    So I'm a school dropout. I have aspergers syndrome and couldn't deal with the social aspect. I coped much better as I got older, and got GCSE maths and english in order to get into college where I studied music. I have a level 3 extended diploma in music in which I got Merit, Merit, Pass.

I'm now in a place 3 years later where I'd like to study Building Surveying at Northumbria University. Their foundation degree states that you need Merit, Merit, Pass if you did a diploma, but would they even consider me if my diploma is in music?

Feeling a bit hopeless and lost as there is no way I can afford to take A-levels as a mature student.
    I'm moving this to the mature students forum, where you will get more help from people in similar situations. You are going to have to ask the college directly for their stance on this, but my hunch is that they will not regard a music qualification as the right one to enter a course in surveying. You may well find you will need to do a one year Access course, and there are people on this forum who can help you with that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I got a response from Northumbria, who say they would accept my current qualifications on their Built Environment foundation degree, which guarantees a place on Surveying or Civil Engineering provided you pass. All is not lost

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.