Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from Bristol to study Computer Science with Innovation (A*AA) and an offer from Warwick to study Computer Systems Engineering (AAA) but I don't know what to firm.

In terms of the choice of university, I haven't visited either of them (which is a bit silly of me) so I have no idea what it's like to study there, but I've heard positive things about both.

The courses at both uni's really appeal to me. I didn't want to apply for a straight CompSci course just in case I didn't like it for whatever reason, or it got a bit boring (though I'm sure it's an awesome course).

The innovation side of Bristol's course seems super cool - the course info says that you can leave uni with your own ventures/enterprise which is something which definitely interests me. However, the Innovation courses at Bristol are new for 2016 so I can't really get any opinions from students on the course.

The engineering side of Warwicks course seems really good as well. It's essentially a joint Computer Science and Engineering degree and I've always been more inclined towards the engineering aspect of Computer Science rather than the software side. Again however, I've struggled to find views of the course from students on student room and online, so I'm under the impression it isn't a popular or competitive course (totally not a bad thing).

So I guess what I'm really after is:

- What are peoples thoughts on either of the universities? i.e. the campus, the departments, the atmosphere and any of your thoughts when you visited the uni

- Has anyone else applied to these courses? What are there thoughts on it?

- And finally, WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU SUGGEST I CHOOSE MY DEADLINE IS NEXT WEEK AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PICK AND I NEED TO DECIDE QUICK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH please help totally not panicking

ReputationRep:
    in ranking warrick is higher overall however in CS Bristol is higher.
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...?i=1194&i=1383

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.