Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Except for here (not sure if it counts since i haven't used my name or anything) I have no social media except texting platforms. I'm not anti-social or anything and I have lots of friends but I'm just not really keen on the idea. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Neither do I but that's a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    I dont use FB, Instagram, Snapchat. But Whatsapp & Kik, Skype.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Neither do I but that's a good thing.
    Why do you think? I would agree generally but Im just curious

(Original post by Wimsett)
    Except for here (not sure if it counts since i haven't used my name or anything) I have no social media except texting platforms. I'm not anti-social or anything and I have lots of friends but I'm just not really keen on the idea. Anyone else?
    I don't even text so don't worry, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    I don't even text so don't worry, lol
    Haha, and I'm not worried just curious to see how common it is

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think? I would agree generally but Im just curious
    I wouldn't like to be famous for anything that's all. Plus it would worsen my procrastination.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have any social media (apart from TSR, if that counts), until yesterday when I finally caved and created a Facebook account. I figured I'd probably end up needing it sooner or later, for finding university flat mates etc, so I thought I may as well bite the bullet and get it. I don't intend on using it much though!

I have Facebook because messenger is free and I'm too skint to text. But that's all I use it for.

ReputationRep:
    I don't use FB or Twitter.

I use WhatsApp now and then and I have a tumblr blog, that's the extent of my social media .

I've used FB and Twitter before and just hated them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I just have snapchat other than this.
    Already having it hard revising with tsr and snapchat - think I'll be dead if I had facebook and instagram as well.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I didn't have a phone until 17 and facebook until 18 - those two things are pretty important for work/uni related things.

ReputationRep:
    I only have Facebook to get missing notes from coursework from my mates. Other than that, I hardly use Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I only use iMessage and email. I've never had any social media profiles.

ReputationRep:
    Twitter, but that's mostly so I can Tweet to LBC. My tweets get mentioned a lot on there. Love. It. :ahee: But nothing other than that. I deleted my Facebook account about a year ago. Never looked back. Not interested in Instagram. I have no idea what Snapchat is. Does Pinterest count as social media? I do have that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Twitter, but that's mostly so I can Tweet to LBC. My tweets get mentioned a lot on there. Love. It. :ahee: But nothing other than that. I deleted my Facebook account about a year ago. Never looked back. Not interested in Instagram. I have no idea what Snapchat is. Does Pinterest count as social media? I do have that.
    Really? REALLY REALLY? I LOOVE LBC!! I've phoned in like three times on the same day once. I don't usually phone in though. Pinterest does count I guess

ReputationRep:
    Only use messengers like WhatsApp, Kik, Snapchat.

Don't have Facebook. But may need to create one to use Tinder in the future. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    It's probably more social to NOT be on social media tbh.

I have Facebook, Snapchat (not used that much), twitter (rarely used except to debate with the far right and extremists from time to time)

So yeah...that's me.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, there's social media outside of TSR? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I stopped using FaceBook altogether a year ago.

I saw no use in it besides the messenger app.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.