Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    you will get an offer. I would be HIGHLY surprised if you didn't. Write a decent personal statement and you're going to be in.
    I study philosophy - got 2A's, 2C's rest B's at GCSE.
    First shot As levels - BDDE LOL! - messed them up!
    Second shot (new subjects) AAAA - I now have offers from Bristol, Durham, St Andrews, Sheffield - St. A - having a excellent reputation - easy top 3 for philo and only a 42% acceptance rate.... Never underestimate the value of a good personal statement.

Don't worry bro - I think, besides oxbridge - people really underestimate their chances a lot of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dock-leaf)
    you will get an offer. I would be HIGHLY surprised if you didn't. Write a decent personal statement and you're going to be in.
    I study philosophy - got 2A's, 2C's rest B's at GCSE.
    First shot As levels - BDDE LOL! - messed them up!
    Second shot (new subjects) AAAA - I now have offers from Bristol, Durham, St Andrews, Sheffield - St. A - having a excellent reputation - easy top 3 for philo and only a 42% acceptance rate.... Never underestimate the value of a good personal statement.

Don't worry bro - I think, besides oxbridge - people really underestimate their chances a lot of the time.
    Wow well done! You turned it around so much! Thanks for the encouragement

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Wow well done! You turned it around so much! Thanks for the encouragement

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers - also if you get strong A's you can always request top predictions, and they have little justification not to give you them.

- I got predicted A*A*A - I won't get it with the amount of work i'm doing - but I know that the offers are only AAA anyway - so it makes you look really good - but you don't actually have to get them - so worth a chat with your teachers if you don't get the predictions you wanted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.