Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im going to a private coed boarding school this September for sixth form, coming from a state school it will be a big change.
    I'm slightly worried that since I can be a little shy meeting new people I'll have a difficult time fitting in?
    Does anyone here go to boarding school already? Any advice? And is anyone else going this year for sixth form like me?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    All I know about boarding school is what I read in Enid Blyton's Mallory Towers in primary school :laugh:

But you should be fine! I'm sure lots of people will be in the same situation as you and you'll probably make friends easier in a boarding school than in an ordinary sixth form good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunaomi)
    All I know about boarding school is what I read in Enid Blyton's Mallory Towers in primary school :laugh:

But you should be fine! I'm sure lots of people will be in the same situation as you and you'll probably make friends easier in a boarding school than in an ordinary sixth form good luck!
    Haha I don't think it's quite like that, but thanks I'm sure you're right. I'm just worried about the social life there, I don't drink and I've never done drugs or anything, or had a serious relationship- do you think any of this would matter?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    if you're going to a public school then be prepared for the fagging and make sure you get yourself a good ****** to do your chores!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.