The Student Room Group

Overwatch thread

How has your experience been with the game so far?
Playing on pc and love it, been playing a lot of Tracer and Reaper but I'm getting into Hanzo and Zenyatta.
my tag is Ciel#2194, add me I get more exp if I'm in a party :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got the game today, played 3 games as Mercy and had quite a bit of fun playing as a Support for once.

I'm off work this week so will give me a lot of time to really understand the characters that suit me best.
Reply 2
Can't wait to try it once exams are over! Huge Blizzard fanboy anyway so can't miss...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been playing for a few days now, got to level 21 with about 55% win rate.

Really enjoying it tbh,
Reply 4
Spent a lot more time on it tonight, loved playing as Reaper and Mei was a lot of fun. She is also a nightmare to play against when someone can use her well.
Roadhog was great as well, I was loving using the grappling hook.

D.VA is a character I just really couldn't get my head around when using her. As a tank I couldn't get her to work and I really wasn't feeling the DPS.
I'm just starting to get below the surface and understand how the different characters really control, but so far it is an absolute joy. Winning manages to be intensely satisfying whether we thrash the enemy or just scrape the victory on overtime.
After playing 3 hours of Overwatch, I put on some Black Ops 3 (my go-to shooter until Overwatch's release) but I couldn't get back into it because the lack of tactics really bored me. Having not played proper class based shooters in years (I played TF2 back when you actually had to buy the game) Overwatch has filled a hole in my life that I didn't even know existed.
Hopefully Blizzard keep supporting the game as I will save a lot of money over the coming year by not buying any other multiplayer centric FPS games.
Reply 6
@The Rusty Spork Yeah, Reaper is really fun! :biggrin:
And yeah, I tried D.va and I just couldn't get good with her, though i hear she is really good if you know how to play her.

@mojojojo101 Haha I think my win rate is something like 20% :frown:
Enjoying it tons, Torb,Phara and mercy are amazingly fun, also been playing reaper and tracer more. But everyone seems great to play.

In all honesty the game is just super fun.

The worst thing for me though is. JUSTICE RAINS FR.....UGHHH
Reply 8
Original post by AperfectBalance
Enjoying it tons, Torb,Phara and mercy are amazingly fun, also been playing reaper and tracer more. But everyone seems great to play.

In all honesty the game is just super fun.

The worst thing for me though is. JUSTICE RAINS FR.....UGHHH

Mhhh, everyone seems to have potential, ashame that I don't have enough time to play everyone I want to :frown:
Nah, Pharah can't move when she's using it, just snipe her down xD :biggrin:
But yeah, still pretty annoying
I really can't wait to get this game, only downside is that I want it for my laptop as I find using a mouse and keyboard easier to play with since I've played a lot of TF2 but the laptop is a piece of garbage that probably won't be able to play it smoothly. It is a bit of a struggle to even play TF2 on it at times

I have seen a lot of youtubers play it and if I could, all the money from my pocket would be all over it ... if I had money
Reply 10
A good Tracer player is so annoying! Takes so much skill to play properly and they are immense.
I've just hit level 30. I'm really feeling Bastion and Pharah, but I'm getting into Reaper as well. It's definitely great to have friends that play it too. Being able to coordinate a bit easier over Teamspeak and the 20% XP boost really helps.
Honestly unsure whether to buy this game. Huge blizzard fan as shown by my World of Warcraft playing stats and Hearthstone but I'm not sure another Blizz game to play is a great idea. Plus it seems a little costly.
Reply 13
Original post by Malevolent
Honestly unsure whether to buy this game. Huge blizzard fan as shown by my World of Warcraft playing stats and Hearthstone but I'm not sure another Blizz game to play is a great idea. Plus it seems a little costly.

Well for a triple A title, it's really not that expensive and in my opinion well worth your money. However with that said you will have to be ready to invest some time into the game as there is a decently steep learning curve and you need to get used the the meta. So if you won't be able to invest an hour or two from your day then I wouldn't suggest getting it.

@chelseadagg3r Yea, reaper is fun! And the party bonus is nice, even though I never talk with my friends xD
Played for about 5 hours today, been trying to get my Tracer play better and its going pretty well, there are few things better than getting a quad kill with the pulse bomb then zooming out like nothing happened.

I still completely suck at Mcree though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Widowmaker waifu
Reply 16
Original post by mojojojo101
Played for about 5 hours today, been trying to get my Tracer play better and its going pretty well, there are few things better than getting a quad kill with the pulse bomb then zooming out like nothing happened.

I still completely suck at Mcree though.

I kinda wanna learn Mccree, his burst damage is insane :tongue:
This game has taken over my life. I stay up every night playing it. I'm level 47 now.

Mei is my favourite hero. Best waifu and she pisses so many people off. It's great. The freeze, icicle, melee combo is so good. Tracer, Lucio, and Zarya are also really fun to play. Pulling other heroes down a hole with Roadhog's chain will also never get old.

Can't stand Junkrat. Everything about his kit is annoying. Every death by him irritates me. McCree is also so broken. Needs to be nerfed in some way.

Original post by The Rusty Spork
D.VA is a character I just really couldn't get my head around when using her. As a tank I couldn't get her to work and I really wasn't feeling the DPS.

Original post by GUMI
And yeah, I tried D.va and I just couldn't get good with her, though i hear she is really good if you know how to play her.

She isn't really a tank tbh. She can tank some damage with Defence Matrix, but she still gets shredded if she goes head on. You have to use her more as a backline harasser. Since she has a really short range, you need to use your boosters to get close to other heroes to do good damage. Flank the team and go for the enemies supports and squishy heroes. She is really good for reaching Widowmaker's and destroying Torbjorn's turrets. You can also use her to reach Pharah's.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Such a good game. A lot of my WoW buddies have stopped and just play this now :biggrin:
Original post by Malevolent

Should have played the open beta a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the beta but I'll probably wait until summer and for it to drop in price a bit before buying

Quick Reply

Latest