nega166
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Maths model answers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2e...FkYTFvaUk/view

What did you get? Better/worse than expected?
Believerindreams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How many marks will be deducted if I solved the probability question as if it was done with replacement not without? Also, how many marks will I lose if I used the surface area rules instead of the volume ones in the spheres question?
Believerindreams
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can I know how many marks I'll approximately lose if I solved the probability question as if it was done with replacement? Also, how many marks will I lose in the sphere question if I wrote a few right steps then messed up at the end and used the surface area rules instead of the volume ones?
nega166
Rep:
?
(Original post by Believerindreams)
Can I know how many marks I'll approximately lose if I solved the probability question as if it was done with replacement? Also, how many marks will I lose in the sphere question if I wrote a few right steps then messed up at the end and used the surface area rules instead of the volume ones?
For the probability one you'd most likely get 0 as you didn't have the right method, for the sphere one you'd get all the method marks up until where you messed up (so 2/3 marks)
nega166
Rep:
?
i thought more people would care tbh lol
Believerindreams
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I actually just checked my past papers and the mark schemes. I might actually be awarded full marks since the question did not state whether or not they were replaced. Also, in the worst circumstances, I will be deducted one mark for accuracy but will gain all method marks. So, yayyyyyyy. I'm mentally dancing right now haha.
_Xenon_
Badges: 12
Report 4 years ago
iwishicouldfly14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
88 (I think).
I was hoping for 82-85, so I'm happy.
As long as I get an A*, I'm fine.

I didn't mark the probability one as I used replacement, I just mark for a worst case scenario so I can be prepared and expecting when it happens..
Helper OF ALL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
me too bros.. i was also searching for the element in the question that states that we need to replace...but couldnt find it.. so i just went with it..

and if u have seen past papers .. the answer of replacement will also be accepted.. but max of 3 will be given .. i m sure if ur answer is correct.. by the way i got 19/81 .. but with replacement...
iwishicouldfly14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Helper OF ALL)
me too bros.. i was also searching for the element in the question that states that we need to replace...but couldnt find it.. so i just went with it..

and if u have seen past papers .. the answer of replacement will also be accepted.. but max of 3 will be given .. i m sure if ur answer is correct.. by the way i got 19/81 .. but with replacement...
I got 19/81 without the replacement so I'll presume that it's correct?
That mean's I think I've got 91/100
freya23800
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The upper bound is 4.55?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads