Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maths model answers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2e...FkYTFvaUk/view

What did you get? Better/worse than expected?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will be deducted if I solved the probability question as if it was done with replacement not without? Also, how many marks will I lose if I used the surface area rules instead of the volume ones in the spheres question?

ReputationRep:
    Can I know how many marks I'll approximately lose if I solved the probability question as if it was done with replacement? Also, how many marks will I lose in the sphere question if I wrote a few right steps then messed up at the end and used the surface area rules instead of the volume ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Believerindreams)
    Can I know how many marks I'll approximately lose if I solved the probability question as if it was done with replacement? Also, how many marks will I lose in the sphere question if I wrote a few right steps then messed up at the end and used the surface area rules instead of the volume ones?
    For the probability one you'd most likely get 0 as you didn't have the right method, for the sphere one you'd get all the method marks up until where you messed up (so 2/3 marks)

ReputationRep:
    i thought more people would care tbh lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I actually just checked my past papers and the mark schemes. I might actually be awarded full marks since the question did not state whether or not they were replaced. Also, in the worst circumstances, I will be deducted one mark for accuracy but will gain all method marks. So, yayyyyyyy. I'm mentally dancing right now haha.

ReputationRep:
    88 (I think).
    I was hoping for 82-85, so I'm happy.
    As long as I get an A*, I'm fine.

I didn't mark the probability one as I used replacement, I just mark for a worst case scenario so I can be prepared and expecting when it happens..

ReputationRep:
    me too bros.. i was also searching for the element in the question that states that we need to replace...but couldnt find it.. so i just went with it..

and if u have seen past papers .. the answer of replacement will also be accepted.. but max of 3 will be given .. i m sure if ur answer is correct.. by the way i got 19/81 .. but with replacement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helper OF ALL)
    me too bros.. i was also searching for the element in the question that states that we need to replace...but couldnt find it.. so i just went with it..

and if u have seen past papers .. the answer of replacement will also be accepted.. but max of 3 will be given .. i m sure if ur answer is correct.. by the way i got 19/81 .. but with replacement...
    I got 19/81 without the replacement so I'll presume that it's correct?
    That mean's I think I've got 91/100

ReputationRep:
    The upper bound is 4.55?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.