The Student Room Group

Perfect height for a guy?

I'm 5'10 and I was wondering what people think of my height, and what the perfect height is.

Scroll to see replies

oh look somebody insecure

don't worry I'm 5ft7 and have somehow managed to attract girls
Reply 2
Original post by Mayhem™

Calm your titties. It's called curiosity.( I didn't say anything about attracting girls btw)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mayhem™

You're being so condescending on every thread, what's your problem? How did you infer he was insecure? He was asking a question...

OP - I'm 6'0, I reckon the ideal height is 6'0-6'4, not too tall to the point of looking lanky but rather an optimum height
:iiam:

Depends on who you talk to :yep:

I'm 1.87m and idk where I stand :lol:
The perfect height is 6'3

Anyone shorter than that is a manlet and anyone taller than that is weird.

The fact that I happen to be 6'3 in no way influenced my analysis.
It depends on the application. If you want someone who can go into small tunnels then short is better whereas if you want someone who can jump high then tall is better.
Original post by Sacred Ground
You're being so condescending on every thread, what's your problem? How did you infer he was insecure? He was asking a question...

OP - I'm 6'0, I reckon the ideal height is 6'0-6'4, not too tall to the point of looking lanky but rather an optimum height

well the fact he stated his gender already implies what I have mentioned - height is quite a common issue

Am I really condescending though? I don't think you know me enough to make that judgement
Original post by Indeterminate
:iiam:

Depends on who you talk to :yep:

I'm 1.87m and idk where I stand :lol:

Who uses metres to describe height? Smh need to use google converter now

Anything between 5'10 - 6'3 for me :colondollar:
I am always changing from 5ft 8 to 6ft to 6ft 4. They are all good heights.

Spoiler

Original post by Mayhem™
well the fact he stated his gender already implies what I have mentioned - height is quite a common issue

Am I really condescending though? I don't think you know me enough to make that judgement

I don't see a correlation between asking the optimum height of a male and OP being insecure.
I don't know you, you're correct, nor would I want too! You're coming across as a narcissist.
I don't see a correlation between asking the optimum height of a male and OP being insecure.
I don't know you, you're correct, nor would I want too! You're coming across as a narcissist.

I guess you need to open your eyes then :h:

And that's a pity, I was looking forward to becoming best friends! :redface:
Original post by Mayhem™
I guess you need to open your eyes then :h:

And that's a pity, I was looking forward to becoming best friends! :redface:

You need to chill mate. OP mentioned nothing about girls and you reckon you're getting girls at 5'7, you're 16 doing your GCSE's, most girls aren't even legal. Don't patronise me :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by morgan8002
It depends on the application. If you want someone who can go into small tunnels then short is better whereas if you want someone who can jump high then tall is better.

I know I shouldn't be nit-picking, but actually it's harder for tall people to jump high.(fun fact)
Reply 14
6 foot 2
Original post by Indeterminate
:colondollar:

I only use the metric system for height and weight :lol:

I've heard some messed up s*** on TSR. This is by far the worst. :afraid:
Reply 16
Original post by Mayhem™

If you're assuming that somebody is insecure based on the fact that they asked a simple question about height, then you need to open your mind.
You need to chill mate. OP mentioned nothing about girls and you reckon you're getting girls at 5'7, you're 16 doing your GCSE's, most girls aren't even legal. Don't patronise me :smile:

Now you're being condescending which totally undermines your point.

Perfect height is 6 ft 2 imo.
Original post by The person
I know I shouldn't be nit-picking, but actually it's harder for tall people to jump high.(fun fact)

I'd have thought that on average they can't jump as high proportional to their height due to the muscle strength being proportional to the linear dimension squared and the mass being proportional to the linear dimension cubed, but I'd still have thought that they could jump higher on average. Oh well. Reaching high shelves then.
8 ft obviously, anything lower than 8ft isn't worth the time of day :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest