Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I was just wondering in BUSS4 you have 105 minutes to do two essays. If you were to take off 15 minutes in total for planning and picking which question to do in section B you've got 90 mins - i.e. 45 minutes per section. That's really short so I could see myself running out of time. The structure I've learned to do is:

Intro
    Paragraph 1
    Paragraph 2
    Paragraph 3
    Evaluation

As I believe most of us will be following. Would it still be possible to get high marks say the 35-40 range by dropping the third paragraph (maybe even the intro which I may end up doing last) so long as both sides of the argument has been analysed and considered?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alimhaque)
    Hi, so I was just wondering in BUSS4 you have 105 minutes to do two essays. If you were to take off 15 minutes in total for planning and picking which question to do in section B you've got 90 mins - i.e. 45 minutes per section. That's really short so I could see myself running out of time. The structure I've learned to do is:

Intro
    Paragraph 1
    Paragraph 2
    Paragraph 3
    Evaluation

As I believe most of us will be following. Would it still be possible to get high marks say the 35-40 range by dropping the third paragraph (maybe even the intro which I may end up doing last) so long as both sides of the argument has been analysed and considered?

Thanks

No, because the third paragraph is where you will build your case AGAINST the point you are making, and this you will NEED for making your evaluation.
    If you want to cut down on your time, then....

Intro
    Paragraph 1 (YOUR BEST POSSIBLE EFFORT)
    Paragraph 2 (weak)
    Paragraph 3 (MEDIUM EFFORT)
    Conclusion (YOUR BEST EFFORT)

Para 1 and conclusion alone can take you to the top marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.