Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A girl told me thats her size but she looks fine in pictures is she overweight ?

Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A girl told me thats her size but she looks fine in pictures is she overweight ?
    Not really i think thats around the average size of the average woman in the uk or something

ReputationRep:
    At that height I'm guessing she'd look noticeably fat.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    BMI: at 4ft 8in overweight is 140lb/ 10st btw, so pretty sure she's obese.

ReputationRep:
    That is grossly overweight mate and for her height too. Steer clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siamesedaffodil)
    Not really i think thats around the average size of the average woman in the uk or something
    yes, but you're neglecting average age in the UK is 40, so a size 16 dress size basically reflects average dress size for a 40 year old woman, when by that age women have typically put on weight and let themselves go a bit.

Also, she's very short as well, which at size 16, will make her look incredibly fat & hobbit like.

OP, steer clear mate.

ReputationRep:
    Online dating I'm guessing?

Those pictures are likely to be from years ago when she was still relatively skinny, Happens all the time on online dating.

Is 5ft 2 and size 12 overweight?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 ft 1 and am a Size 16. After losing a bit of weight I was starting to feel really happy with the way my body looks. After reading this thread and having some people say that a size 16 is obese, I feel really crap now

Nah 5 2 and 12 is fine

Thabks for the advice guys but imma meet her anyway cause i wantsex. And she looks hot
    Btw shes 16 and im 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powersymphonia)
    I'm 5 ft 1 and am a Size 16. After losing a bit of weight I was starting to feel really happy with the way my body looks. After reading this thread and having some people say that a size 16 is obese, I feel really crap now
    Aww no, no-one should feel like that, I'm sure you're beaut, plus who even cares about size anymore x

ReputationRep:
    Here I was thinking that the dudebro who started this thread was as shallow as zebra's depth perception, but then he goes on to say that her being fat doesn't matter because he wants sex. Totally changed my mind. Not shallow at all.

ReputationRep:
    She's overweight. If youre happy with that then go ahead. A size 16 on a 5"6 woman wouldnt look as bad (still would look kind of big) as opposed to a 4"8 woman. So you can imagine how she looks.

Thanks for the advice

Can anyone explain what size 16 means? Is it hip size? I measured and im 90cm around the hips 18m and about 70kg and 6ft 1

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain what size 16 means? Is it hip size? I measured and im 90cm around the hips 18m and about 70kg and 6ft 1
    Size 10,12,14,16 etc are numbers for sizing for womens clothing. The larger your number the bigger your clothes size. But it depends on height as well. Like I said a 5ft9 woman at size 16 would look relatively skinny as opposed to a 5ft6 woman who would look slightly chubby at size 16. So you can imagine how a 4ft9 woman looks at size 16. Quite big.

ReputationRep:
    i thought uk size 10/12 was average

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.