Adzkii786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically, I went on twitter and it had said "Black Lives Matter", but hasn't everyone been through discrimination. White supremacy doesn't exist. Where is the integrity, All Lives Matter!
siamesedaffodil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Name:  Screenshot_2016-05-29-10-56-34-1.png
Views: 53
Size:  107.3 KB

Black lives matter.
Kwame502
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As a black person i agree, things like this just alienate people For example, the womens equality party should probably be called the gender equality party or something along those lines. Idk just my opinion. But in places like America maybe its necessary to highlight black lives.
username1969391
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by siamesedaffodil)
Name:  Screenshot_2016-05-29-10-56-34-1.png
Views: 53
Size:  107.3 KB

Black lives matter.
I understand what you're saying but wasn't the black lives matter movement created in response to 'unlawful' police killings? If so, are you saying that white people can't unlawfully be killed by the police because their lives 'already matter'?
siamesedaffodil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NickLCFC)
I understand what you're saying but wasn't the black lives matter movement created in response to 'unlawful' police killings? If so, are you saying that white people can't unlawfully be killed by the police because their lives 'already matter'?
Of course they can, but most of these police killings in america are of black people which is why attention needs to be drawn on black lives

All lives matter. Black lives matter.
Both statements are true
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed