Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im considering applying to oxford brookes and 4 Russell Group uni's but i dont want to waste a slot on a college which doesnt have a good reputation or standard of teaching/employability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connormc199)
    im considering applying to oxford brookes and 4 Russell Group uni's but i dont want to waste a slot on a college which doesnt have a good reputation or standard of teaching/employability
    Oxford Brookes isn't a college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serpentine111)
    Oxford Brookes isn't a college
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean?
    it's a university

ReputationRep:
    but is it a good one?

ReputationRep:
    but is it a good one?
    Define 'a good one'?

It's very sub-par compared directly to Russell Group universities, but what subject are you going to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    do employers look negatively upon students whom have studied there?
    Is the teaching standard good?

Politics/Economics related or law!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford Brookes is a university in it's own right, not a college.

ReputationRep:
    but is it a good one?
    Pro: You can tell people you went to Oxford
    Con: You didn't actually

It's certainly not as good as Russell group universities, but if you are unsure of how many offers you will get there's no harm in putting it down to guarantee having two offers to accept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    Pro: You can tell people you went to Oxford
    Con: You didn't actually

It's certainly not as good as Russell group universities, but if you are unsure of how many offers you will get there's no harm in putting it down to guarantee having two offers to accept.
    lol the pro:banana:

ReputationRep:
    Some employers might misread it as oxford so there is that i suppose

ReputationRep:
    Not really for Law or Politics - you'll only want to put it there as a backup in case the others reject you

ReputationRep:
    see it offers politics, economics and international relations all as one course which i like but if it has a bad reputation i wont be applying there!

ReputationRep:
    Are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    No I'm from the UK

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.