The Student Room Group

do you study to music or not?

personally i dont as i cant concentrate, it needs to be quiet else i can think properly.
this is the reason i study at night when the kids are asleep
lately iv been studying with the TV off as it distracts me otherwise

how on earth do people study to music?!
i study with music on, it usually keeps me alert and prevents me from dozing off halfway. though there are certain songs i cant study to e.g: really upbeat songs since i'll just end up getting distracted, but calm songs or just classical music helps me study, also for me time passes faster that way lol
Reply 2
Original post by melisss22
i study with music on, it usually keeps me alert and prevents me from dozing off halfway. though there are certain songs i cant study to e.g: really upbeat songs since i'll just end up getting distracted, but calm songs or just classical music helps me study, also for me time passes faster that way lol

i suppose classical or something with no lyrics would help as id be tempted to sing along otherwise and then id write what i sing lol
Reply 3
I end up pretending to myself I'm studying with music on. I'm mostly listening to music and every now and then write something. I work far, far better without music in general, although on occasion, especially with instrumental stuff, I can get into a "zone".
Reply 4
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I end up pretending to myself I'm studying with music on. I'm mostly listening to music and every now and then write something. I work far, far better without music in general, although on occasion, especially with instrumental stuff, I can get into a "zone".

a working well zone or working unwell zone
If im writing an essay or something then music is fine , but for memorisation it's impossible for me
Reply 6
Original post by shawtyb
a working well zone or working unwell zone

I was referring to a working well zone
I get into working unwell zones even more frequently though
Reply 7
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I was referring to a working well zone
I get into working unwell zones even more frequently though

got ya
i do too, i find everything else far more fun when i should be studying (often tidying the whole house) but when i start, im perfectly fine. odd
I always have music playing ~ if I don't, then my mind drifts off to my surroundings. Leaving music playing kinda keeps it at rest if that makes sense :cute:
When I'm doing maths, yeah, I don't need to fully focus and it makes it bearable. Not for science, etc, though, it's distracting:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest