Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you study to music or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    personally i dont as i cant concentrate, it needs to be quiet else i can think properly.
    this is the reason i study at night when the kids are asleep
    lately iv been studying with the TV off as it distracts me otherwise

how on earth do people study to music?!

ReputationRep:
    i study with music on, it usually keeps me alert and prevents me from dozing off halfway. though there are certain songs i cant study to e.g: really upbeat songs since i'll just end up getting distracted, but calm songs or just classical music helps me study, also for me time passes faster that way lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melisss22)
    i study with music on, it usually keeps me alert and prevents me from dozing off halfway. though there are certain songs i cant study to e.g: really upbeat songs since i'll just end up getting distracted, but calm songs or just classical music helps me study, also for me time passes faster that way lol
    i suppose classical or something with no lyrics would help as id be tempted to sing along otherwise and then id write what i sing lol

ReputationRep:
    I end up pretending to myself I'm studying with music on. I'm mostly listening to music and every now and then write something. I work far, far better without music in general, although on occasion, especially with instrumental stuff, I can get into a "zone".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I end up pretending to myself I'm studying with music on. I'm mostly listening to music and every now and then write something. I work far, far better without music in general, although on occasion, especially with instrumental stuff, I can get into a "zone".
    a working well zone or working unwell zone

ReputationRep:
    If im writing an essay or something then music is fine , but for memorisation it's impossible for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    a working well zone or working unwell zone
    I was referring to a working well zone
    I get into working unwell zones even more frequently though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I was referring to a working well zone
    I get into working unwell zones even more frequently though
    got ya
    i do too, i find everything else far more fun when i should be studying (often tidying the whole house) but when i start, im perfectly fine. odd
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    well i read over my notes for a bit then turn on music to relax to, then read some more. then i test myself with music because i think that if i can think through loud music then i'll be fine in exams :P

ReputationRep:
    I always have music playing ~ if I don't, then my mind drifts off to my surroundings. Leaving music playing kinda keeps it at rest if that makes sense :cute:

ReputationRep:
    When I'm doing maths, yeah, I don't need to fully focus and it makes it bearable. Not for science, etc, though, it's distracting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.