Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am looking into starting a Masters course for professional reasons next year, but want to check that I can afford it before applying to anything.

However, I already sort of have a Master's degree, but it was an 'Undergraduate Masters', as part of a four year undergrad course. The 'Find a Masters' website implies that a taught undergraduate masters is different from a postgraduate masters1 , but I can't find anything that confirms whether or not I would be eligible.

Any clarification on this matter would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Chris.

1) 'Is a postgraduate programme, completed after an undergraduate degree (and not part of a longer, four year, undergraduate Masters).' From the 'What can I receive a postgraduate loan to study?' FAQ (https://www.findamasters.com/funding...ns-scheme.aspx)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ChristopherJ)
    Hi!

I am looking into starting a Masters course for professional reasons next year, but want to check that I can afford it before applying to anything.

However, I already sort of have a Master's degree, but it was an 'Undergraduate Masters', as part of a four year undergrad course. The 'Find a Masters' website implies that a taught undergraduate masters is different from a postgraduate masters1 , but I can't find anything that confirms whether or not I would be eligible.

Any clarification on this matter would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Chris.

1) 'Is a postgraduate programme, completed after an undergraduate degree (and not part of a longer, four year, undergraduate Masters).' From the 'What can I receive a postgraduate loan to study?' FAQ (https://www.findamasters.com/funding...ns-scheme.aspx)
    SFE have confirmed that an undergraduate masters is considered equivalent to a PG masters and so would make you ineligible for the PGL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.