Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is needed!
    I have 3 exams. I do Edexcel History A and the books that I do are The Cold War, Germany and British Society
    Anyone do the same exams? You can still answer this if you don't do the same board as me because I need revision help.. History is very difficult and there's a lot to revise considering the first History Exam is The Cold War- 6th June.

HELP IS APPRECIATED!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Past papers- and essay plans. Answer the question. be opinionated and back it up, be questioning and critical.

ReputationRep:
    Same,my history teacher sent us some really useful notes, they may help:
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Cold War Revision Notes.docx (652.6 KB, 73 views)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i rewrite the whole course in my own notes, read it over and over and over and over. im planning on putting important dates on postits and put it in chronological order on my wall. if you've done mocks, your teacher should have gone over them and teach you the writing structure for a particular question, look over them and thats how you learn the technique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    The other files are bigger than the limit to send over...:/

ReputationRep:
    I did Edexcel History B last year, and even though it's a different course I think you could use similar revision techniques. I found that it helped to my a page for each key person, with info about them and their impact. I also used the hallway outside my bedroom and made a massive timeline to look at, visual cues really helped me. Me and my friends would often ask each other quick fire questions so that when we were writing essays we knew the info inside out and we could just write for the entire exam, eating more stuff in and getting higher marks. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...COwC9PXFU/edit
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...-oTVk0hog/edit

ReputationRep:
    the purple revision guide is the most useful. i use it and revison guides

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Past papers- and essay plans. Answer the question. be opinionated and back it up, be questioning and critical.
    Okay thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I need permisssion to view these

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    Okay this document is very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkrox22310)
    I need permisssion to view these
    sorry, I've accepted access to people who sent me permission but I'll change that immediately!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i rewrite the whole course in my own notes, read it over and over and over and over. im planning on putting important dates on postits and put it in chronological order on my wall. if you've done mocks, your teacher should have gone over them and teach you the writing structure for a particular question, look over them and thats how you learn the technique.
    Ok thanks this is useful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.