Aish112
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hiya, could anyone help me with knowing how to structure 25 mark prescribed literatures questions for both verse and prose?
(if you could direct me to a thread that would cool!)
thanks
magnusc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aish112)
Hiya, could anyone help me with knowing how to structure 25 mark prescribed literatures questions for both verse and prose?
thanks
I'm not sure about any threads but I learn the text using quizlet: www.quizlet.com/mchappley
magnusc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thanks
Basically for the 25 markers follow this simple rule:

"tell them what you're going to tell them,
tell them,
tell them what you told them"
Aish112
Rep:
?
(Original post by magnusc)
Basically for the 25 markers follow this simple rule:

"tell them what you're going to tell them,
tell them,
tell them what you told them"
... so you basically are saying intro, middle and conclusion... okay, I was looking for something a bit more detailed but thanks anyway
magnusc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
... so you basically are saying intro, middle and conclusion... okay, I was looking for something a bit more detailed but thanks anyway
PEE - Point Evidence Explanation - For this you make the point in relation to the question and then supply evidence using the LTA method.

LTA - Latin Translate Analysis

In the intro don't stall to get to the point, literally just say every point you are going to make. Then in the middle expand each point using PEE and LTA. Conclusion recap on everything you've said, weigh it all up and give your answer in relation to the question. The questions will be relating to one opinion vs. another so making enough points about both is key.
Aish112
Rep:
?
okay, that sounds good! thank you, do you know how they allocate marks? as in, how many points are ideal to make? thanks again
Aish112
Rep:
?
Ahhh, you seem to be doing the other texts as I am doing Catullus and Pliny!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (575)
34.41%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (687)
41.11%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.49%

Watched Threads