Turn on thread page Beta

How do you control your mood swings? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I managed to cry for 2-3 hours lastnight...not even knowing why...
    Have you thought about going to see your doctor, mine was very helpful when my dad suffered from bad depression. Ok he did in end up in hospital for two weeks as a result though:mad:

Cate - You should I know I like you by now all that rep I've given you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Don;t worry a few more weeks of this site you will be very depressed. I only tend to get depressed in the winter.
    hehe,reptile then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    hehe,reptile then?
    Hehe I just need to see some sun. The clouds depress me, it reminds me of the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Right now i feel that awful i can commit murder...how would you combat this feeling?
    Being on here is just going to make your feelings worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I managed to cry for 2-3 hours lastnight...not even knowing why...

Ure like me den, I have insomnia and I just worry all night, I think about all the negative things, and start to get upset over them. I hide my face in the pillow, so my sister doesnt hear me. Its awaful, cos my hair gets all wet and you feel like ure gonna die. Dont worry, ure not alone.

ReputationRep:
    morphene might work. If not ketamine.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Have you thought about going to see your doctor, mine was very helpful when my dad suffered from bad depression. Ok he did in end up in hospital for two weeks as a result though:mad:

Cate - You should I know I like you by now all that rep I've given you

No way, I went to my doc last year and told him I feel deopressed, he sent me to this shrink. It was awful, cos the shrink made it worse, bu asking you to mention all the bad things that happned to you. They just bring out the sadness in you. Just cheer up, you can do this alone, you dont need medicine. You just need to be confident, and smile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Right now i feel that awful i can commit murder...how would you combat this feeling?
    Get out my Fu*king gun and blow off the bi*ches head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    No way, I went to my doc last year and told him I feel deopressed, he sent me to this shrink. It was awful, cos the shrink made it worse, bu asking you to mention all the bad things that happned to you. They just bring out the sadness in you. Just cheer up, you can do this alone, you dont need medicine. You just need to be confident, and smile.
    Its not always that simple that though, my dad had other issues involved with, it wasn;t just depression, there was somthing else cuasing it, and thats why he was in hospital to try and cure the route of it.

I don't want to go into much details but he is a lot better now.

With depression it can be caused by both environmental and bioloigical effects, my dad suffered from both. Some people just get depressed for no reason, it dosn't mean they have no valid reason it just means they have an illness.

I think with a lot of people on this board it may just be 'that age' it can be a very difficult time for some people as you have to come terms with the fact you're an adult. I am happier now I am in my early 20's than I was in my late teens. I know a few people have said the same too.

ReputationRep:
    Im feeling really unhappy n cry lots too. ive been feeling like this for a year and often feel like running away or jumping off a bridge. Im afraid of lots of things in life n feel there is nothing left to live for at the mo. Its partly to do with school n exams but also other things and i feel i cant do anything. dont always know why i feel like i do but it is usally related to something like uni, exams, being shy or even smaller things etc. unfortunately ive not learnt to deal with these feelings myself yet although chatting is the only thing to make me start to feel better. i just seem to burst into tears if i feel unhappy which is rather embarasing!! :mad: i also sit here for hours not wanting to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Turn yourself into the police? Get help if it's really that bad...or are you exaggerating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight-Errant)
    Turn yourself into the police? Get help if it's really that bad...or are you exaggerating.
    Exaggerating? :eek: Lol....my mother actually had to calm me down...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight-Errant)
    i think it was a figure of speech rather than a decalaraton of an impending murder spree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    who do you wanna kill?
    why dyou feel awful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    who do you wanna kill?
    why dyou feel awful?
    I want to kill whoever made me feel like that bu icant reall lay my hands on him right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I want to kill whoever made me feel like that bu icant reall lay my hands on him right now!
    are u feeling better this morning?
    when something crappy happens i cry, lots...and i feel much better after that! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    are u feeling better this morning?
    when something crappy happens i cry, lots...and i feel much better after that! =)
    Actually my anger managment works....right now i'm alright and the weather is bright n nice....just waiting for him to come and laugh at him for his stupidity...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Actually my anger managment works....right now i'm alright and the weather is bright n nice....just waiting for him to come and laugh at him for his stupidity...
    good on you!!! im glad for u =)

ReputationRep:
    lithium (lith-ee-um)

stopped my mood swings dead in their tracks... made me throw up violently every day for months, makes your blood toxic, makes you faint, makes you dribble, makes you sweat, gives you acne, makes your mouth taste of metal all the time... but you win some you lose some.

oh yeah, and kurt cobain took it... not so much of an endorsement really... seeing as he (may have) killed himself.

ask you doctor about it, is good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get many mood swings, but when England went to penalties during England vs Portugal and Beckham missed, I knew the match was lost so I switched off the radio and listened to classical music (Chopin waltzes if you're interested). It really helped me to keep everything in perspective, like "it's only a game" (I know it's more than that which is why I've just quoted it) and things aren't so bad after all etc. etc. I had an exam the next day so I really couldn't afford to let it affect me.

The only downside to this was that I didn't feel so sympathetic to people who refused to tell me what the score was when I emerged from hiding. :mad:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.