Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am currently in year 10 and im sitting my first writing GCSE next term - around 4 weeks away. I was wandering on what is in a good writing assessment as i need an A at least and i'm currently at a B. Does anyone have any tips to improve my grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S0rcer0r)
    Hello!

I am currently in year 10 and im sitting my first writing GCSE next term - around 4 weeks away. I was wandering on what is in a good writing assessment as i need an A at least and i'm currently at a B. Does anyone have any tips to improve my grade?
    I'm currently in year 11 and have done my french control assessments (writing and speaking). To improve, try to use pronouns and the subjunctive tense. If you struggle with these then do what I did and look up sentences online and memorise them. make sure you aren't always talking about yourself and say we/they/she etc... Make sure that your grammar is good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S0rcer0r)
    Hello!

Like the person previous to me said, just throw in Subjunctive phrases, they always look good, for example 'Bien que' + (SUB) is always an easy phrase, or also il est important que + (SUB) and the subjunctive is very easy to conjugate you just add e, es, e ons, ez, ent, onto the end of your stem of your verb there are some irregulars like etre and avoir, but you would write them Je sois or j'aie so they are quite easy to memorise!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.