Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So I'm going to a really good sixth form college on september, and I'm wondering if teachers will care about my handwriting? It is readable, and if I write a paragraph from far away it looks nice and fancy. I used to have one of the best handwriting in class in primary school but the sudden change in having to write a lot more quickly in secondary school completely f***** it up lol. My handwriting is all joined up but its wonky. I feel like it's going to get even worse when I start A levels cos I care more about getting the information down than getting my writing all lovely etc.

Do you also think it's possible to improve my handwriting if I practiced writing better in the summer holidays?

ReputationRep:
    Mine's terrible, but you can try to write fast and neat (best way to do this is in italics).
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Hi
    So I'm going to a really good sixth form college on september, and I'm wondering if teachers will care about my handwriting? It is readable, and if I write a paragraph from far away it looks nice and fancy. I used to have one of the best handwriting in class in primary school but the sudden change in having to write a lot more quickly in secondary school completely f***** it up lol. My handwriting is all joined up but its wonky. I feel like it's going to get even worse when I start A levels cos I care more about getting the information down than getting my writing all lovely etc.

Do you also think it's possible to improve my handwriting if I practiced writing better in the summer holidays?
    Yes you can practise it in the holidays but this won't really affect you as your teachers will get used to it
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes its possible, but it doesnt matter unless its unreadable.

ReputationRep:
    It has to be readable otherwise there's no issue

ReputationRep:
    picture?

ReputationRep:
    My writing isnt so bad when i concentrate but during exams or timed essays it all goes to s**t I've never had any problems though, as long as its readable it doesnt really matter.

I really want to improve it though, im a perfectionist with notes so its irritating that i dont have consistent handwriting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.