Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I might go to India after doing my GCSEs (I came here 2 years go). I want to be an engineer, hopefully aerospace or mechanical, when I grow up.
    I wanted to know if anyone here knows much about Indian engineering universities(preferrably IIT but I would mroe than appreciate information on any uni) and how good/bad they are in terms of -
    1. Their courses obviously
    2. How high/low is the employment scope there, i.e if I do a course from a reputed uni, I am quite likely to get a good job elsewhere in some other country or even in India.
    I am really worried about my decision, which I have to take I two months from now, to go to India for uni and I don't want to regret taking the wrong decision.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Darshan98)
    Hey guys,
    I might go to India after doing my GCSEs (I came here 2 years go). I want to be an engineer, hopefully aerospace or mechanical, when I grow up.
    I wanted to know if anyone here knows much about Indian engineering universities(preferrably IIT but I would mroe than appreciate information on any uni) and how good/bad they are in terms of -
    1. Their courses obviously
    2. How high/low is the employment scope there, i.e if I do a course from a reputed uni, I am quite likely to get a good job elsewhere in some other country or even in India.
    I am really worried about my decision, which I have to take I two months from now, to go to India for uni and I don't want to regret taking the wrong decision.
    I don't expect there to be much knowledge or familiarity with Indian universities here; perhaps you might get more information in the Study Abroad section or maybe even see if there is like an Indian TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I don't expect there to be much knowledge or familiarity with Indian universities here; perhaps you might get more information in the Study Abroad section or maybe even see if there is like an Indian TSR?
    Is there a way through which I can just move my thread to the study abroad section?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Darshan98)
    Is there a way through which I can just move my thread to the study abroad section?
    I've alerted the mods so we'll see what happens... that's not to say that no-one here knows anything at all about Indian universities but I do think there is a slightly more international community that populates the Study Abroad section.

Also, could you apply to both Indian and British universities so you can decide later on where you would rather go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I've alerted the mods so we'll see what happens... that's not to say that no-one here knows anything at all about Indian universities but I do think there is a slightly more international community that populates the Study Abroad section.

Also, could you apply to both Indian and British universities so you can decide later on where you would rather go?
    Yeah I can apply to both Indian and British unis simultaneously but I also have to decide between the two countries where to study my A-Levels. So, if there are really good Indian unis I'll do my A-levels there.
    This is because if I do my A-Levels here, there is no chances of me getting into a uni there because the entrance tests there are incredibly hard compared to what you study here.
    So I have to decide now.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.