Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As some people here have experienced (claimed) having posts deleted, or eaven accounts banned, not because of offensive contents, but simply because views in these posts have been unpopular among those capable of interfering with the forum's system. I ask those who agree with the given petition to sign if they agree with me that:

Posts should be deleted only in cases where the content is in direct contradiction to the terms and conditions of UK learning, and a reason for the deletion should be sent with a PM to the user posting the statement.

Note that I have no means of directly interfering with the UK learning system and this is thus merely a petition showing the opinions of people chosing to participate and it is up to those capable of causing a change to decide whether they want to take any notice of the eventual outcome of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    yep, i agree.

ReputationRep:
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    As some people here have experienced (claimed) having posts deleted, or eaven accounts banned, not because of offensive contents, but simply because views in these posts have been unpopular among those capable of interfering with the forum's system. I ask those who agree with the given petition to sign if they agree with me that:

Posts should be deleted only in cases where the content is in direct contradiction to the terms and conditions of UK learning, and a reason for the deletion should be sent with a PM to the user posting the statement.

Note that I have no means of directly interfering with the UK learning system and this is thus merely a petition showing the opinions of people chosing to participate and it is up to those capable of causing a change to decide whether they want to take any notice of the eventual outcome of this thread.
    I added a poll to make it easier to see the outcome of this petition.

ReputationRep:
    i agree - but only to an extent, as i find people who try to legitimize Hitler, Nazism, extreme right wing views, racial hierarchization, or are pro-violence quite abhorrent to me

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Surely the point of this forum is to debate and discuss your views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i agree - but only to an extent, as i find people who try to legitimize Hitler, Nazism, extreme right wing views, racial hierarchization, or are pro-violence quite abhorrent to me
    Well, thats why I insinuated that the terms and conditions of UK-learning must be upheld. Also, Id like to point out that banned users have a tendency to merely return under another username. Thus I think it will be more effective to deal with these people by eitehr ignoring them or by simply exposing their nonsense to the revealing light of reality.

ReputationRep:
    Have to say it, read John Paul Jones' signiture

ReputationRep:
    Says "I".

Some of the moderators are overzealous, I have had three threads deleted which were not offensive. The third thread was a direct plea to Expression to ask why the aforesaid threads had been deleted, ironically, this thread suffered the selfsame fate.

All too many threads are deleted on a whim, rather than due to any actual transgression.

This is unfair on thread creators and is a blatant abuse of power by the moderators.

I dislike the lack of moderator accountability. It would surely be the minimum of courteousy to provide a reason as to a thread deletion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Well, thats why I insinuated that the terms and conditions of UK-learning must be upheld. Also, Id like to point out that banned users have a tendency to merely return under another username. Thus I think it will be more effective to deal with these people by eitehr ignoring them or by simply exposing their nonsense to the revealing light of reality.

maybe that's true - but the fact that there posts are just left irritates me a little, makes it seem as though their opinions have any credence,

well in any case - yes, i agree with your original point then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fly005)
    Have to say it, read John Paul Jones' signiture

hahah - thanks, nice to know it has some use

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does the poll count display the wrong number?

Is it because it doesnt count my own vote?

ReputationRep:
    ~~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    ~~
    is that a yes or a no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    ~~

pardon??? you've gone from text-type to random symbols lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    is that a yes or a no?
    I voted yes on the opinion and was merely posting to sign.

ReputationRep:
    this is an absolutely awesome petition, and so true. i have felt the full wrath of the subscriber-mod collusion and believe it to be immoral. i am in full support of this campaign. i will never seek permission to express my views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    this is an absolutely awesome petition, and so true. i have felt the full wrath of the subscriber-mod collusion and believe it to be immoral. i am in full support of this campaign. i will never seek permission to express my views.
    did u do the poll above?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    did u do the poll above?
    yes...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps those who vote that they disapprove of the petition should explain why they take this stance?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.