Turn on thread page Beta

Petition - Sign if you dissaprove of users getting punished for "disagreeing" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Actually, I felt it was you who attacked me, repeatedly. Certainly, I never accused your country's army of being "bloodthirsty mercenaries". Nor did I neg-rep you, providing "for being an impertinent, right-wing and violent political nihilist" as the reason.

That, however, is a very old discussion.

haahah, i don't remember neg. repping you - true, that was an age ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    of course but ive never suggested someone be neg repped. ive never suggested we do it as a group. ive never suggested that we do it repeatedly. ive never suggested that we do it under an alias. ive never suggested that we give absurd and abusive reasons.ive never had the responsibilty and trust instilled in me by the forum to behave responsibly.
    You're going over the top now - I think endorf is the only time that organised neg rep giving has taken place, and even then only a few subscribers took part.

Other times someone may say "I've given x neg rep because..." but that is very different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    May I please highlight something Jonathan said in his first post which should at least serve as something in this thread?
    yes but obviously there were points made here that have to be addressed, i appreciate and respect the focus of the thread by jonathon but these things cannot be ignored. Would you rather we opened another thread thats more relevant to this matter?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I agree this is going to far now, I think that certain members really need to think what they have done recently. I think that this issue would prehaps benifit from a break and I personally I am going to take it. The way I see it is some people have got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and now are trying to defend things that cannot be defended. They need to realise what they have done and certainly i think the actions in the D+D forum could benifit from a little more though in the future. I would also been keen to hear what some of the mods think. I would also encourage the mods not to delete this thread but to close it for abit if they think it has gone to far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    You're going over the top now - I think endorf is the only time that organised neg rep giving has taken place, and even then only a few subscribers took part.

Other times someone may say "I've given x neg rep because..." but that is very different.
    a few ??? enough to get me 2 red gems. and a list of around 20-25 red gems in my user cp. please, dont try and play down YOUR or anyone elses part in what can only be called a conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Well its a character thing. For your accusations to be taken seriously your own character would have to be accepted as flawless in this respect, as it is you were being totally hypocrital in your accusations - moaning about supposed arrogance and poor attitude when you yourself are a contributor.
    Firstly, I did not say you were arrogant, merely that the tone you adopt gives off that impression. I've said now about 5 times, here and through PM's, that while I believe your efforts are misguided, the underlying intentions are comendable. Secondly, I don't think that post is a fair reflection of my character, being made while I was an extremely inexperienced poster who had seen intense anti-Semitism among various other vociferous attacks on my country's conduct, and even right to exist, in my first few weeks on the forum, which was bound to cause me to get a little defensive. Furthermore I have apologised, to the mods (I forget which though) for that. Thirdly, I don't think my character has to be flawless to make criticisms of others, if it were no-one would ever say anything. This is particularly true here, when I am merely a semi-regular poster and you are one of a group which is drawing up rules for posting and demanding those who run the site alter their conduct along your wishes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    a few ??? enough to get me 2 red gems. and a list of around 20-25 red gems in my user cp. please, dont try and play down YOUR or anyone elses part in what can only be called a conspiracy.
    I have only given you neg rep once, and not without reason, but 20-25 red gems may only be 5 or 6 members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I would also been keen to hear what some of the mods think. I would also encourage the mods not to delete this thread but to close it for abit if they think it has gone to far.
    Well, you have heard what I think.

To close this thread now would be a mockery of this thread and what I stand for. So I'll leave it open at least for now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I agree this is going to far now, I think that certain members really need to think what they have done recently. I think that this issue would prehaps benifit from a break and I personally I am going to take it. The way I see it is some people have got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and now are trying to defend things that cannot be defended. They need to realise what they have done and certainly i think the actions in the D+D forum could benifit from a little more though in the future. I would also been keen to hear what some of the mods think. I would also encourage the mods not to delete this thread but to close it for abit if they think it has gone to far.
    Agreed. Perhaps it would be wise to lock this thread for a week or so and allow tempers to cool off before returning to the issue (if it remains an issue).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    haahah, i don't remember neg. repping you - true, that was an age ago
    If it's any consolation, I did find your reason extremely amusing. And your neg-rep did not actually take any points away, as you had only recently adopted your current username.

ReputationRep:
    I have only given you neg rep once, and not without reason, but 20-25 red gems may only be 5 or 6 members.
    all in the space of about 2 days, i dont think so. and it would have resulted in far more red gems if it had not been for the support of members who could see what was going on.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you have heard what I think.

To close this thread now would be a mockery of this thread and what I stand for. So I'll leave it open at least for now.
    I would hate it to turn too abusive and all the hard work that has gone to show some of the offenses be lost, I would prefer more members got the chance to see this than it be lost forever.

ReputationRep:
    I would hate it to turn too abusive and all the hard work that has gone to show some of the offenses be lost, I would prefer more members got the chance to see this than it be lost forever.
    Again i agree.

ReputationRep:
    If it gets abusive, I will certainly close the thread.

I will not delete it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    all in the space of about 2 days, i dont think so. and it would have resulted in far more red gems if it had not been for the support of members who could see what was going on.
    Though after attention was drawn to your frankly idiotic comments in the North/South divide thread, it's little wonder some people decided to neg rep you.

And are you saying some members participated in organised positive rep giving?!?!?!

ReputationRep:

I will not delete it.
    Thank you I appreciate that immencely

ReputationRep:
    So far, it hasn't got abusive. People have been very restrained, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I appreciate that immencely
    Am I not worthy of your list

ReputationRep:
    Though after attention was drawn to your frankly idiotic comments in the North/South divide thread, it's little wonder some people decided to neg rep you.
    my comments have been explained and were deliberately aggrovational due to the disgraceful way in which some members dismissed my original "serious" comments. some of which discussed real issues, some designed to spark debate. with the benefit of hindsight it was probably not the best idea, however i did not directly insult anybody, and was certainly undeserving of 2 red gems.

And are you saying some members participated in organised positive rep giving?!?!?!
    no.

ReputationRep:
    Lets just conclude this subject on the fact that there are some problems and issues that need to be addressed with regards to moderation in 'general' in this forum. All that i ask is that moderators 'please' consider changes that need to be made and act upon them. Thanks

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.