Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Petition - Sign if you dissaprove of users getting punished for "disagreeing" watch

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    He was getting quite confused - he seemed to think the attacks on his bad manners and attitude were attacks on LSEs quality of research :rolleyes:

All appears to have gone quiet in that corner of the world for a while though.

You might want to look up BIDDLESTICKS though - another LSE-er with a similar outlook on life to yourself and Mr Hewins
    Sounds like a diabolical trinity
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Just an LSE guy)
    Sounds like a diabolical trinity
    I'm afraid J.S. has been lost from the fold permanently though...Mr Hewins was quite rude.

ReputationRep:
    i) the DON thing generally consists of members directing other subscribers towards "bad/neg rep worthy" behaivior. It's by no means organised.
    didnt you just define the term organisation in this explanation ??

Which doesn't really surprise me...it's not like you're my biggest fan anyway :rolleyes:

And you can't say that the sentiment was never returned from your end...
    i have always said what i thought of you directly, to allow you to respond in your usually arrogant manor. its funny, these quotes show you in an entirely different light. if i ever respected anything about you, it was your ability to respond to critisism in a diplomatic fashion, now this has been quashed. you are no better than anyone else, and if i am or have in the past been guilty of insulting other members, you are no better. and you hoped we would never see these comments.

tut tut Gnostic - don't you know that I've now been christened "Biro Nerd"
    Hewins’ field of expertise does not cover the area of nerdology (though he may be a subject of that field). Hence my baptism of “Nerd Queen” for you outranks his designation.

...Mr Hewins was quite rude.
    Got any quotes you could share?

ReputationRep:
    You mean the one attached - the one that had a whole 20 posts and hasn't been looked at since May?
    i believe there are roughly 20 subscribers, or were you all indifferent to whom among you may be suitable?

i) the DON thing generally consists of members directing other subscribers towards "bad/neg rep worthy" behaivior. It's by no means organised.
    oh...

"the Original Don is back!"

"Hehe and AT - it was Piggy that said about it being the Sunbscriberito mafia and signing everything Don. I don't think its gone too far. In fact I haven't donned anyone... "

"I have yet to become a Don "

"Lol, waiting2smile is covering for you as well. We need Chicken to re-subscribe, she started the Don thing!"

"It's nobody, Chicken once neg repped somebody but she meant to say "don't .,...... somthing...." but she pressed enter to soon, so it just read "Don" the trend started from there and esculated. "

AT: "There is no escaping now, and if anybody annoys you and you want to negative rep them feel free sign it it "The Don"."

Fluffy: "Doh! Just seen Crana's Who is The Don thread! She's up for some neg rep tomorrow now! Re: her comments about subscriber 'privledges'...To coin a phrase 'deary me..!' "

"I've just seen it now, I tried to avoid it, however it is the truth that Iam not the Don. I have just witheld the fact that I was a don"

AT:" Heh, did you totally miss Expression pretty much giving it away in crana's thread that you signed rep "The Don"?"

"Yeah although by accident, she was going to say don't somthing... but she pressed enter at don by accident. So the person just got "Don" on their neg rep.I think PQ started the Don conspiracy but I... "
    well what have we got here? and this is just off of the first page!!

a trend? a conspiracy? is that Expression i see participating in this little game?

that constitutes a very serious offence in my understanding of the forum. at the least, many members have been badly let down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Dont be so pedantic. You complained of the apparent arrogance displayed by Vienna and others of the forum ,she has just rebuked this claim.
    Actually she has not. She's merely pointed out that I did not contribute to creating the "rules" I was objecting to. Which I'd've thought more thant a little obvious, given my opinion of them.

ReputationRep:
    Got any quotes you could share?
    (Original post by WAS Hewins)

I sexually abuse small, furry animals

[QUOTE=vienna95]
    You mean the one attached - the one that had a whole 20 posts and hasn't been looked at since May?

"the Original Don is back!"

"Hehe and AT - it was Piggy that said about it being the Sunbscriberito mafia and signing everything Don. I don't think its gone too far. In fact I haven't donned anyone... "

"I have yet to become a Don "

"Lol, waiting2smile is covering for you as well. We need Chicken to re-subscribe, she started the Don thing!"

"It's nobody, Chicken once neg repped somebody but she meant to say "don't .,...... somthing...." but she pressed enter to soon, so it just read "Don" the trend started from there and esculated. "

AT: "There is no escaping now, and if anybody annoys you and you want to negative rep them feel free sign it it "The Don"."

Fluffy: "Doh! Just seen Crana's Who is The Don thread! She's up for some neg rep tomorrow now! Re: her comments about subscriber 'privledges'...To coin a phrase 'deary me..!' "

"I've just seen it now, I tried to avoid it, however it is the truth that Iam not the Don. I have just witheld the fact that I was a don"

AT:" Heh, did you totally miss Expression pretty much giving it away in crana's thread that you signed rep "The Don"?"

"Yeah although by accident, she was going to say don't somthing... but she pressed enter at don by accident. So the person just got "Don" on their neg rep.I think PQ started the Don conspiracy but I... "

well what have we got here? and this is just off of the first page..a trend? a conspiracy? is that Expression i see participating in this little game?

that constitutes a very serious offence in my understanding of the forum. at the least, many members have been badly let down.
    Sounds like our French friend is getting all Napoleon-like…

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like our French friend is getting all Napoleon-like…
    hehe..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Actually she has not. She's merely pointed out that I did not contribute to creating the "rules" I was objecting to. Which I'd've thought more thant a little obvious, given my opinion of them.
    Well you may notice that these rules are part of a 'sticky' thread at the top of the forum. What exactly has been stopping you from contributing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)

a trend? a conspiracy? is that Expression i see participating in this little game?

i would just love to see pencil queen attempt to defend this as "by no means organised".

look at this piece of organisation also :

http://yrh.realzeal.net/Wanted%20More%20Dons.htm
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by endorf)
    didnt you just define the term organisation in this explanation ??
    Just because someone posts a link to a thread which they feel deserves neg rep doesn't mean that anyone will respond...unless they do beleive that it's worthy of it and are able to hand out rep at that time...in which case there's a good chance they would have found the thread/posts and responded in that way anyway....in fact the most "organised" neg repping (of you incidentally) was all done long before anyone posted onto the moaning thread and without the aid of communication between the people involved...you just managed to inspire a large number of the subscribers simultaneously

i have always said what i thought of you directly, to allow you to respond in your usually arrogant manor. its funny, these quotes show you in an entirely different light. if i ever respected anything about you, it was your ability to respond to critisism in a diplomatic fashion, now this has been quashed.
    Yup - I am less diplomatic when expressing my opinions "behind closed doors". But then I try to be diplomatic to prevent personally based flame wars - if flaming happens it should be based around subjects or behaivior not personalities. I do happen to believe you've behaved like an idiot on many an occassion (and I don't consider myself immune from the same accusation...I can be a right cow). But rather than argue with who a person is I'd rather argue with their opinions...what I think of them personally never gets said...apart from "in private" either in my own head or amongst friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Actually she has not. She's merely pointed out that I did not contribute to creating the "rules" I was objecting to.
    'objecting to' after you were asked if there were any objections. i cant help it if u were 'slow' on the uptake.

ReputationRep:
    in fact the most "organised" neg repping (of you incidentally) was all done long before anyone posted onto the moaning thread and without the aid of communication between the people involved...you just managed to inspire a large number of the subscribers simultaneously
    HAHAHAH read my above post... LIAR !! no communication ??

ReputationRep:
    Don't read too much into the reasons for deletion - they're just a joke.

Where are you getting these images of the Subscriber forum?

ReputationRep:
    this is wel sad - its only a forum for gods sake!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

many members let down because chicken made a mistake when neg repping dazya and it became a running joke?

The recipients of neg rep probably would have recieved it with or without the whole "don" thing...but rather than anonymous neg rep it was signed.

It didn't take long for people to realise that rep signed don was from a subscriber (specifically don subscriberino).

If you truely take this place and rep that seriously that you think some friends having a laugh about signing rep is a "serious offence" it might be worth getting out a little more.

Not only is this place JUST a forum - one of thousands...but rep is pretty much universally agreed to be pointless and a joke anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shane_Filan)
    this is wel sad - its only a forum for gods sake!
    indeed, a great shame...

ReputationRep:
    indeed, a great shame...
    youre the one complaining about it!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.