Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how to answer the question: During any chemical reaction old bonds are broken and new bonds are made. Explain how this breaking and making of bonds leads to the change being exothermic?

I know that when bonds are broken they absorb energy and that when they're made they release energy and if more energy is released when making bonds than energy is taken in, its exothermic but I'm not sure if thats the answer.

ReputationRep:
    That is the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lummzie)
    I'm not sure how to answer the question: During any chemical reaction old bonds are broken and new bonds are made. Explain how this breaking and making of bonds leads to the change being exothermic?

I know that when bonds are broken they absorb energy and that when they're made they release energy and if more energy is released when making bonds than energy is taken in, its exothermic but I'm not sure if thats the answer.
    tis correct like the person above me stated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    That is the answer.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steelmeat)
    tis correct like the person above me stated
    thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.