Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    I think that a speeding ticket may be on the way for me as i think i was speeding yesterday. I read that it should come within 14 days however i was wondering if i am able to call DVLA on Tuesday and give my details to them and they would be able to let me know in advance because i think i would go insane waiting for 14 days! I've looked online for websites that would allow you to check, i realised they're all fake anyway. And also i've read you can get out of receiving points if you attend a speed awareness class. Would this be offered to me or would i have to request it. The fine does not bother me but I do not want any points.
    I think i may have been about 7mph over the limit however i cannot be 100% sure.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    r-t You'll be offered a speed awareness course if you qualify, in which case yeah, you'll receive no points if you take it. It's not too bad, you'll be there about 4-5 hours and it's basically just sitting through presentations, answering questions and completing group worksheets and stuff, definitely better than getting points.

ReputationRep:
    No there is no way to find out early. A notification of intention to prosecute will be sent out within 14 days of the offence.

Out of curiosity what makes you think youve been caught? Did a camera flash you or did you get a tug? If its the latter they need to notify you that they are making a report to the crown prosecution service at the time. If its a camera... hey 50% of the time they dont work anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    r-t You'll be offered a speed awareness course if you qualify, in which case yeah, you'll receive no points if you take it. It's not too bad, you'll be there about 4-5 hours and it's basically just sitting through presentations, answering questions and completing group worksheets and stuff, definitely better than getting points.
    Yeh hopefully I'll be offered a class. It could be 10 hours for all I care as long as I don't get the points!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    No there is no way to find out early. A notification of intention to prosecute will be sent out within 14 days of the offence.

Out of curiosity what makes you think youve been caught? Did a camera flash you or did you get a tug? If its the latter they need to notify you that they are making a report to the crown prosecution service at the time. If its a camera... hey 50% of the time they dont work anyway!
    My sat nav alerted me that there was a camera but I think it alerted me too late with too little time to slow dow. But I'm hoping that due to the fact I wasn't speeding excessively that I should be offered a class or hopefully it wasn't working. Well 2 days down 12 days to go lol. Previously when I got a ticket for a different matter it came within like a week so if it doesn't come by Saturday then I'm hoping I'm in the clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you actually see the camara?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.