Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Any 1 in south wales? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Heya world!

If there is anyone in south wales that is interested in psychology or british sign language, please send me a message.

I have just finished psychology A-level and i am hoping to go to uni next year and do deaf studies. I would like to find someone who can use sign language to help me practice and keep me using my skill, (i am qualified to level 2).

Hope to hear something from someone soon.

Thanx all

Phatguy

ReputationRep:
    I'm not in south wales but have my level 1 sign sign language (pretty basic I know)

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I'm not in south wales but have my level 1 sign sign language (pretty basic I know)

MB
    Do you use it? Is it easy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Do you use it? Is it easy?
    I don't use it anymore - used to know a deaf guy but he left london and I lost contact. It is reasonably straight forward at that level as the syntax is derived from written english. I might pick it up again at uni.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I live in newport, am insterested in psychology - taking it for A level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    I live in newport, am insterested in psychology - taking it for A level
    i live in newport also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertybob)
    i live in newport also
    And are you going to the local uni?

ReputationRep:
    Carleon? UWNC? (sp)

ReputationRep:
    Carleon? UWNC? (sp)
    Thats the one

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the message was dicreted at me, but I'm going there

ReputationRep:
    Cool. I put it down as one of my choices and went for an interview there about two weeks ago. I thought they were very nice and the uni was good. I really liked the ensuite rooms. But the interview was boring and left me with a negative thought on the uni. I have heard bad things about the uni. Anyway they accepted me. Did you apply to any others? I also got accepted at Cardiff and Swansea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Cool. I put it down as one of my choices and went for an interview there about two weeks ago. I thought they were very nice and the uni was good. I really liked the ensuite rooms. But the interview was boring and left me with a negative thought on the uni. I have heard bad things about the uni. Anyway they accepted me. Did you apply to any others? I also got accepted at Cardiff and Swansea.

what courses are you thinking of? I also got accepted at Cardiff, and this welsh place I can't even say/spell. lol.

ReputationRep:
    no i will probably be going to one of the following, Cardiff, Swansea or Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is always good

ReputationRep:
    Well i will see you there . Are you staying at home or at the uni?

ReputationRep:
    Uni...well for the frist year after that, who knows.

you?

ReputationRep:
    Uni...well for the frist year after that, who knows.

you?
    I'm living in the halls. I hope you lot are ready for me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    lol. the UWCN will not know what's hit it. what courses you taking?

I'm doing some form of ICT (can't remember exact name) and hopefully something related to health and socail care (I've yet to work out what exactly lol)

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I've had one with the ICT course, met one of the teachers, david longman. it all went very smoothly, left me with a good impression of UWNC. which, was nice, because until then I hadn't heard much good about it. lol.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I've had one with the ICT course, met one of the teachers, david longman. it all went very smoothly, left me with a good impression of UWNC. which, was nice, because until then I hadn't heard much good about it. lol.
    Same here. However, i do have to admit im still worried. They told me i will only be studying two days a week. :confused: I find this strange as they say its a full time course.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.