Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me some pointers please. I have been off uni due to sickness and now have a coursework to finish and just need a point in the right direction.

I have an ethics question to complete. These are the points I need some help on:

Would it be unethical for a husband and wife who are divorcing to hire solicitors that are also married?

Also would it be unethical for a solicitor to date and move in with his client?

Further if the solicitor who is dating his client, is letting her run up a bill and not pay him, but he is paying her housekeeping.... Would the solicitor be unethical for this.

I'm not asking for answers just a point in right direction as to the code of conduct
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Read your SRA Code.

State the principle that is relevant [you are dealing with a client here];
    the outcome;
    the indicative behaviours; and
    apply to the scenario.

That's all you need to do.

Any more pointers than that and someone would be doing your homework for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)
    Read your SRA Code.

State the principle that is relevant [you are dealing with a client here];
    the outcome;
    the indicative behaviours; and
    apply to the scenario.

That's all you need to do.

Any more pointers than that and someone would be doing your homework for you.
    but my problem is that it does not directly apply any scenarios to an intimate relationship with a client or not letting them pay fees.
    the solicitor also punches the husband outside of court.
    im so confused

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.