Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyyyyone doing OCR Computing or Computer Science?? If so, have you done much theory? We haven't done any this year, does anyone have any tips?

Did the June 2013 paper, A*. Did the June 2014 paper, B

ReputationRep:
    I do, but no we haven't done any theory, the teacher just sits there and he's utterly useless.. How did you possibly get those grades?
    Most people in my class had gotten lower than a pass,and I for one ended up getting an E in the mock exam, how did you?

ReputationRep:
    Ditto, the teacher sucks! I literally just made notes from BBC bitesize and did past papers.. Only way i can think of to revise

ReputationRep:
    Why are all the computing teachers really bad?

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing the A level course I pretty much used http://www.ocrcomputing.org.uk/overview.html and past papers for revision, although the second year consists mainly of course-work.
    If you are doing the GCSE, I would also recommend doing all of the past papers and getting used to the style of questions, its really not that difficult.. they'll ask for
    • Definitions, make sure you have all those memorized
    • Drawing out network topologies (this may sound hard but it really isn't)
    • For these definitions make sure you know advantages and disadvantages, they often ask you to explain these in questions
    • Working with binary and hexadecimal - make sure you know how to add, subtract and convert between one another
    • Writing pseudo code, again, this is easy
    http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_comput...51_topics.html all of the A451 topics are covered there.

ReputationRep:
    Teach-ICT is pretty damn good, got 88% on my mock by revising from there and BBC Bitesize.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.