Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey :-)

    So I'm about to apply for accommodation, and I have to decide between Talybont Court, Talybont Gate, Liberty House and Liberty Cambrian Point.

    What do you guys think of Liberty House & Liberty Cambrian Point? I haven't seen anything about them anywhere.

    Also, what's the difference between a small, medium and large room? How do I know which rooms have a double bed?

    Thank you so much for your help!

    Liberty House and Liberty Cambrian Point aren't run by the university, they are a private company and that's why they are more expensive. In my opinion if you're looking for the most social then go to Talybont South, it isn't as nice as Court or Gate but it is where everything happens. My experiences of Gate is that the people who live there are fairly well off and don't hide it, not that there's much wrong with that, but if you don't want to be around that then don't live there. Court is sort of the same but not to the same extent. If you're looking at Taly then go to South, it doesn't have double beds but no one cares, it's the charm of it.

    I stayed at Liberty Cambrian Point last year and it was such a nice residence. It was about the same price as Taly Gate but nobody seemed to show off wealth as I heard people in Taly Gate did- mainly because none of us were rich haha! All rooms at Cambrian point have a 3/4 double bed and the double rooms all have full double beds. It's a shorter walk than the Taly residences and generally much nicer inside! It also has 24 hour security and a gate to scan through every time you go in which can be annoying but I liked knowing it was secure and bikes etc. wouldn't get stolen. I think Liberty House is pretty far and you need to get a bus to uni every day (if I remember rightly), but the same quality as Cambrian Point. Talybont is a more social place but many of my friends found it hard to get work done and revise because you can hear noise from everywhere! It's not far from Liberty though and I used to walk there for predrinks and it only took a couple of minutes. Hope this helps!
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.