Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i applied before the deadline of 27th may, which is what ucas and most websites say apart from the Gov one which says 31 may ? .My parent have not done their side yet, since i really havent bothered to ask them and i applied 2 days before 27th( i was unsure which uni i wanted to go to, and how to get accommodation there/had to sign up and wait, the uni website keep crashing and not accepting me when i try to apply/look around; not to mention mocks, course work and revision ). Im just wondering if ill get the funds/money late (ive applied and done my part but my parent have to do theirs) since i am leaving home and don't want to be in the middle of nowhere broke.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but you need to make sure your parents get it done ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    so i applied before the deadline of 27th may, which is what ucas and most websites say apart from the Gov one which says 31 may ? .My parent have not done their side yet, since i really havent bothered to ask them and i applied 2 days before 27th( i was unsure which uni i wanted to go to, and how to get accommodation there/had to sign up and wait, the uni website keep crashing and not accepting me when i try to apply/look around; not to mention mocks, course work and revision ). Im just wondering if ill get the funds/money late (ive applied and done my part but my parent have to do theirs) since i am leaving home and don't want to be in the middle of nowhere broke.
    Your initial application just had to be submitted by then - it doesn't have to be completed by then. You've met the deadline and SF will have your funding in place ready for the start of your course. Your parents shouldn't delay completing their sections longer than necessary, but there's no panic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Your initial application just had to be submitted by then - it doesn't have to be completed by then. You've met the deadline and SF will have your funding in place ready for the start of your course. Your parents shouldn't delay completing their sections longer than necessary, but there's no panic.
    the deadline is 27th or 31st?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingLAWZA)
    the deadline is 27th or 31st?
    The initial deadline was the 27th, this was to ensure you get your money on time. You can apply up to nine months after the start of your course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    okay, so it looks like my parent filled in their part the day after i applied.

so do i wait for the letter and sign it... or what ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    okay, so it looks like my parent filled in their part the day after i applied.

so do i wait for the letter and sign it... or what ?
    Once it's been approved they will post a declaration for you to sign and return.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.