Turn on thread page Beta

Asking for a week off after two weeks? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to go up for a job at waitrose but for one week only I've got work experience in a law firm at the beginning of August, should I even bother going for the job if I have to ask for a week off after a couple of weeks?!

ReputationRep:
    Ask before you accept the job. Then you'll know if they'd be willing to let you go without having committing to anything.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them after theyve given you the job, puts them in a compromising situation, make sure you do it to the managers/whoevers face as well. If you do it before you might not get the job, if you do it after and speak to the manager person to person theres no way hell sack you of whatever

ReputationRep:
    Mention that you're hoping to go on holiday for a week sometime in the next couple of months. Then when you get the job you can say a really good last minute deal came up and you had to book it - but you feel quite bad that you're asking for a week off so soon after you started. I don't think they can refuse you leave... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Mention that you're hoping to go on holiday for a week sometime in the next couple of months. Then when you get the job you can say a really good last minute deal came up and you had to book it - but you feel quite bad that you're asking for a week off so soon after you started. I don't think they can refuse you leave... :confused:
    When I gopt my new job, I told them at the interview about my week's holiday (about 3 weeks after the interview) and they were OK about it. It is better if you tell them before they offer you the job though... It saves hassle later on, because if you say you got a late deal they probably won't let you have the time off because you're meant to book your holidays with them before you book them at the travel agents.

Or just be honest with them... tell them you've got the work experience at a law firm... It doesn't sound like you're going to be in the job you';re going for forever and they will probably know that too anyway

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.