why does cocaine make you gurn?

Watch
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just read this article about Millie Macintosh and all the comments say she is on cocaine as she is gurning . I have never heard of that and wouldn't have noticed if the comments weren't there. Also I never take drugs or know people that do so I am ignorant in that sense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz....html#comments
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
Just read this article about Millie Macintosh and all the comments say she is on cocaine as she is gurning . I have never heard of that and wouldn't have noticed if the comments weren't there. Also I never take drugs or know people that do so I am ignorant in that sense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz....html#comments
i know people who take coke and have sampled it myself when i was offered to
and usually that isn't a symptom the big indications would be dilated pupils or (for the guys) an erection
helizabethh23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When taking too much up the nose, it can affect the back of your mouth. Sometimes it can feel like your gums are numb, it's a weird feeling (I had it a frw hours ago). The combination of a dry mouth and the numb gums it makes you teeth feel strange.. I think that's why people gurn, because your moving your jaw around subconsciously because your teeth/gums feel different. Everyones high is different, this is just my (high) opinion! Peace out .
Samdam25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s caused by dopamine release on the nigrostriaral pathway. Dopamine is the neurotransmitter responsible for controlling and smoothing movement. When it floods your brain especially the pathway previously mentioned it causes something called tardyine dyskinesia which is rhythmic involuntary movements. Some people clench fists as well and move their legs and arms but the jaw is most commonly affected as it’s the closest Large synovial joint to the brain
BritishJew
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cocaine is a crap drug, don't bother.

Not very good value for money, too moorish and makes people arrogant (or come across arrogant at least).

Plus if you knew how it was actually processed you'd have to be a bit of a mong to want to shove that crap up your nose.
Gez85
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is there a way to counter act this?
Cloughy94
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All depends on the vibe your after mate I have a few people I know who take different types of drugs I'm not a fan myself iv tried a few but not for me but probably the best was when I took pill that buzz is very good if in the right company and atmosphere
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (200)
43.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.16%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (97)
21.23%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise