Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have worked so hard this year; however after every exams I've had I just haven't had the feeling ' yeah that went so well' in fact, after my first geography exam, I just burst out crying because I felt it went so awful, and I was so annoyed because I revised so much as that was my first exam. Everyone else was talking about their exams saying they felt it went really well, and I just didn't. At the moment, I feel as if I would be lucky to get all C's in my AS exams; and realistically that's awful. I know that this year, these exams don't count towards the real A level but still, I don't even know if I'd be able to be predicted B's for next year. I want to do History of art, originally I really wanted to go to Manchester, Birmingham or Leicester, now I'm looking at slightly lower requirements such as Oxford Brookes which still requires BBC. I'm honestly just so stressed, if I get C's can I ask my teachers to predict me at least 2 B's for A2? I think they think I'm capable and hard working enough because of my work ethic etc, but then there's also the possibility they won't do this. If they don't do this, then I won't be able to go to any of the Unis I want to go to in 2017, meaning I'll probably have to take a gap year, in order to actually get the grades, so the Unis don't go on predicted grades which could be just C's ; if I do this then that's a year wasted in my life; I've travelled the world already, I go on holiday at least twice a year, so travelling in *****y hostils or whatever they're called will just be rubbish compared to what I usually do. Yes I could work for a year, but I don't really want to be stuck working when all my friends have gone to uni- it's a waste of a year. I am really hard working at college e.g class tests etc I do well but exams I'm just under so much pressure, it's embarrassing. Basically what I'm asking is if I get all C's at AS do I have any hope getting into uni and do I have a hope of being predicted at least a B??? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambermariemorgan)
    I have worked so hard this year; however after every exams I've had I just haven't had the feeling ' yeah that went so well' in fact, after my first geography exam, I just burst out crying because I felt it went so awful, and I was so annoyed because I revised so much as that was my first exam. Everyone else was talking about their exams saying they felt it went really well, and I just didn't. At the moment, I feel as if I would be lucky to get all C's in my AS exams; and realistically that's awful. I know that this year, these exams don't count towards the real A level but still, I don't even know if I'd be able to be predicted B's for next year. I want to do History of art, originally I really wanted to go to Manchester, Birmingham or Leicester, now I'm looking at slightly lower requirements such as Oxford Brookes which still requires BBC. I'm honestly just so stressed, if I get C's can I ask my teachers to predict me at least 2 B's for A2? I think they think I'm capable and hard working enough because of my work ethic etc, but then there's also the possibility they won't do this. If they don't do this, then I won't be able to go to any of the Unis I want to go to in 2017, meaning I'll probably have to take a gap year, in order to actually get the grades, so the Unis don't go on predicted grades which could be just C's ; if I do this then that's a year wasted in my life; I've travelled the world already, I go on holiday at least twice a year, so travelling in *****y hostils or whatever they're called will just be rubbish compared to what I usually do. Yes I could work for a year, but I don't really want to be stuck working when all my friends have gone to uni- it's a waste of a year. I am really hard working at college e.g class tests etc I do well but exams I'm just under so much pressure, it's embarrassing. Basically what I'm asking is if I get all C's at AS do I have any hope getting into uni and do I have a hope of being predicted at least a B??? Thank you
    If you end up with C grades at the end of this year, it's not the complete end of the world.. in fact achieving well at A level is pretty difficult and getting C's is a great achievement. There's always the possibility of doing resits in your A2 year. Throughout your A2 year you will realise how easy the AS content is when you go back to it because A2 is twice as hard and you will have a much firmer grasps on previous concepts. Also I'd just like to point out that not having B's as your predicted grades will not hinder your chances all that much... I know many who were predicted low grades and absolutely smashed their exams and did better than expected and have gone on to go to their chosen university. I wish you well for your upcoming results, I'm sure you'll do well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey bro, don't you worry..

I have been in the same boat as you & trust me, it takes its toll. Try not to focus too much on your mistakes of your previous exams or you will not be able to focus on the upcoming exams. I know its hard especially when you have such high expectations but just...stop looking at the mistakes you made from unofficial mark schemes and what not. This happens to a lot of people... just.. leave it be till your results come out. I have faith you'll get As.

ReputationRep:
    What if your dropping an as level. Does it count for anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xColourReign)
    If you end up with C grades at the end of this year, it's not the complete end of the world.. in fact achieving well at A level is pretty difficult and getting C's is a great achievement. There's always the possibility of doing resits in your A2 year. Throughout your A2 year you will realise how easy the AS content is when you go back to it because A2 is twice as hard and you will have a much firmer grasps on previous concepts. Also I'd just like to point out that not having B's as your predicted grades will not hinder your chances all that much... I know many who were predicted low grades and absolutely smashed their exams and did better than expected and have gone on to go to their chosen university. I wish you well for your upcoming results, I'm sure you'll do well!
    Thank you so much, did those people take a gap year though? As I'm worried that I'll get predicted lower grades so Unis won't offer me a place, but I'll actually do well in my A2's but I'll have nowhere to go because my predicted grades were low :/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.