The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="14grahamr;65575063"]
Original post by EmilyPlatypus

YES omg that's exactly the same as me. Any tips on how to revise, because learning about 60 essays is so so difficult??

Well I'm currently planning all the predictions you gave me a few posts back for 4C because I hate that unit so much. A couple of pages back I posted predictions for unit 3C (15 markers only) so I've planned all those and learned them inside out basically
As for 45 markers I'm struggling :frown:
[QUOTE="EmilyPlatypus;65576061"]
Original post by 14grahamr

Well I'm currently planning all the predictions you gave me a few posts back for 4C because I hate that unit so much. A couple of pages back I posted predictions for unit 3C (15 markers only) so I've planned all those and learned them inside out basically
As for 45 markers I'm struggling :frown:

Do you just keep writing the essays out again and again? There's so many exampled to remember as well!
[QUOTE="14grahamr;65576635"]

Do you just keep writing the essays out again and again? There's so many exampled to remember as well!

I don't write them out as I don't think timing is an issue for me but I plan them in detail, like for 15 markers I plan
- Basic point, example, explanation for all 4 paragraphs but it's really brief so it's easier to recall if I just think of certain words

Some examples I remember really well, especially the 2016 election stuff, but dates and SC cases just go over my head and I barely remember them :frown:
Reply 103
Looked through every 3C question and they follow a pattern in the 45s where one topic doesn't get in every 3 years. Based on this I assume the topics for the 45's this year will be Race/Elections/Pressure Groups
Reply 104
Basically race 45's have 3 topics:
- Affirmative action
- Importance of race in us politics
- How the current government has dealt with race; whether the incumbent has helped cure race problems.
[QUOTE="EmilyPlatypus;65577141"]
Original post by 14grahamr

I don't write them out as I don't think timing is an issue for me but I plan them in detail, like for 15 markers I plan
- Basic point, example, explanation for all 4 paragraphs but it's really brief so it's easier to recall if I just think of certain words

Some examples I remember really well, especially the 2016 election stuff, but dates and SC cases just go over my head and I barely remember them :frown:

Do you find that some questions they ask are SOOOO specific and you literally only have one thing to write about it??
[QUOTE="14grahamr;65577785"]

Do you find that some questions they ask are SOOOO specific and you literally only have one thing to write about it??

Yes! Even though we have a choice of 5 and then a choice of 3, my biggest nightmare is that I won't be able to answer any/I can only answer a couple hahah
I am revising it but I'm hoping to avoid a race question and I hope there's an election 45 marker on election reform or something
Reply 107
Does anyone have any idea on the UMS points and grading system? For example how many marks you need for a grade overall? (AS + A2) :/
Reply 108
Last year it was 240/340 marks for an A (a2 + as)
Not very specific, but my teacher doesn't think SC will be a 45 marker and she thinks there might be two 15 markers on president (for unit 4) :smile:
Reply 110
Not very specific, but my teacher doesn't think SC will be a 45 marker and she thinks there might be two 15 markers on president (for unit 4) :smile:

I don't think anyone thinks it will be a 45 this year tbh since it came up 4 times in a row now
could affirmative action come up as a 45 or a 15 marker?
Reply 112
'which groups of voters tend to vote for the republican party' what topic does this go under?

also

'why have attempts at immigration reform been criticised since 2000?' race or parties?
I'm so worried, got a B in unit 1 last year. Did my unit 2 retake today &think I managed to get a good grade. But I feel like I know nothing for unit 4c and 3c😓I want to do Politics at uni and I really dont want these units to drag me down:frown:
Reply 114
Original post by Pato1
'which groups of voters tend to vote for the republican party' what topic does this go under?

also

'why have attempts at immigration reform been criticised since 2000?' race or parties?

First one is parties, second one i think race??
Reply 115
This exam is either going to go really well or really bad, no one knows what they will throw at us :frown:
Original post by Pato1
This exam is either going to go really well or really bad, no one knows what they will throw at us :frown:

I really need to get my grades so I'm praying it's a good exam :frown:
Reply 117
15 Mark
-To what extent do moderates still enjoy influence within the Republican Party?
-To what extent are conservative Democrats now a 'dying breed' within the party?
-Explain why it is so difficult for minor parties to achieve success in US elections
-How and why have the electioneering activities of pressure groups increased in recent years?
-In what ways, and why, do pressure groups look to influence the Supreme court of the USA?
-Why has immigration reform been so difficult to achieve?

45 Mark
-To what extent is it true that there has been a resurgence in the importance of US parties in recent years?
-Assess the arguments for replacing the Electoral College with a national popular vote
-How far is i true to claim that pressure group activity in the USA is both 'undemocratic and elitist'
-'Genuine political, social and economic equality is as far away now, for racial minorities, as at any time in the modern era'. Discuss.

Questions from some textbook for 3C, if we get an electoral college one it will be a dream.
Original post by Pato1
15 Mark
-To what extent do moderates still enjoy influence within the Republican Party?
-To what extent are conservative Democrats now a 'dying breed' within the party?
-Explain why it is so difficult for minor parties to achieve success in US elections
-How and why have the electioneering activities of pressure groups increased in recent years?
-In what ways, and why, do pressure groups look to influence the Supreme court of the USA?
-Why has immigration reform been so difficult to achieve?

45 Mark
-To what extent is it true that there has been a resurgence in the importance of US parties in recent years?
-Assess the arguments for replacing the Electoral College with a national popular vote
-How far is i true to claim that pressure group activity in the USA is both 'undemocratic and elitist'
-'Genuine political, social and economic equality is as far away now, for racial minorities, as at any time in the modern era'. Discuss.

Questions from some textbook for 3C, if we get an electoral college one it will be a dream.

What kind of question for Electoral college do you want to come up? and what would you put in it information / statistics ?
A 45 marker on the Electoral College would be lovely, or one about whether or not PGs are democratic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending