I keep on thinking I'm going to die. Watch

Thomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I don't feel suicidal it's just the idea keeps on coming into my head.
All in the mind
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is it triggered by any symptoms or situations? If it's medical anxiety, then it often has a background where someone close to you has been ill (or passed away). Now you are hypersensitive to these fluctuations and exaggerate the association.
fatima1998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ooooh :sad: dont be alone though... keep yourself busy
that might help :unsure:
Lucasium
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thomb)
I don't feel suicidal it's just the idea keeps on coming into my head.
We are all going to die. Some die faster than others. Maybe you're right and you're the Usain Bolt of dying
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We're all going to die one day
Thomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by All in the mind)
Is it triggered by any symptoms or situations? If it's medical anxiety, then it often has a background where someone close to you has been ill (or passed away). Now you are hypersensitive to these fluctuations and exaggerate the association.
I am mentally ill and my mum is ill she is going to have an operation soon. Perhaps that's why the idea keeps popping up, IDK.
All in the mind
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You may be worried about her and projecting the anxiety onto your own vulnerability.

I assume you are on medication. If the surgery is sometime in the future, could you see your GP to help stabilise your condition?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thomb)
I am mentally ill and my mum is ill she is going to have an operation soon. Perhaps that's why the idea keeps popping up, IDK.
Sounds like the stress of your mum being ill has triggered some sort of health anxiety in you. Do you see anybody for your current mh condition? You might benefit from telling them or seeing a doctor/ therapist. Sounds like something very difficult to be dealing with and you'll be best able to support yourself and your mother if you get some help with it.
Try to remember that the reason you are having these thoughts is anxiety and not based on anything real. You could die- anybody could- but the chances are slim and there certinally isn't any need to worry about it. When you get the thoughts just tell yourself you are fine and the anxiety is doing it then try to do something else if you can and not dwell on it.
I know it's tough but you can do it. Also, good luck to your mother with her illness and operation. I hope it all goes well and that she recovers soon
xobeauty
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same the weather has me ****ed up it's too hawt.
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Keeping yourself busy might help
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I keep getting the thoughts that I am going to die soon too. They are really powerful and strong to ignore since I have OCD and the thought becomes an obsession

Do you suffer from any kind of anxiety? These thoughts are sadly common if you suffer from anxiety disorders or indeed, any mental disorder.
champ_mc99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rhythmical)
We're all going to die one day
I'm sure that helped. :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads