Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel suicidal it's just the idea keeps on coming into my head.

ReputationRep:
    Is it triggered by any symptoms or situations? If it's medical anxiety, then it often has a background where someone close to you has been ill (or passed away). Now you are hypersensitive to these fluctuations and exaggerate the association.

ReputationRep:
    ooooh :sad: dont be alone though... keep yourself busy
    that might help :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I don't feel suicidal it's just the idea keeps on coming into my head.
    We are all going to die. Some die faster than others. Maybe you're right and you're the Usain Bolt of dying
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    We're all going to die one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All in the mind)
    Is it triggered by any symptoms or situations? If it's medical anxiety, then it often has a background where someone close to you has been ill (or passed away). Now you are hypersensitive to these fluctuations and exaggerate the association.
    I am mentally ill and my mum is ill she is going to have an operation soon. Perhaps that's why the idea keeps popping up, IDK.

ReputationRep:
    You may be worried about her and projecting the anxiety onto your own vulnerability.

I assume you are on medication. If the surgery is sometime in the future, could you see your GP to help stabilise your condition?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I am mentally ill and my mum is ill she is going to have an operation soon. Perhaps that's why the idea keeps popping up, IDK.
    Sounds like the stress of your mum being ill has triggered some sort of health anxiety in you. Do you see anybody for your current mh condition? You might benefit from telling them or seeing a doctor/ therapist. Sounds like something very difficult to be dealing with and you'll be best able to support yourself and your mother if you get some help with it.
    Try to remember that the reason you are having these thoughts is anxiety and not based on anything real. You could die- anybody could- but the chances are slim and there certinally isn't any need to worry about it. When you get the thoughts just tell yourself you are fine and the anxiety is doing it then try to do something else if you can and not dwell on it.
    I know it's tough but you can do it. Also, good luck to your mother with her illness and operation. I hope it all goes well and that she recovers soon

ReputationRep:
    Same the weather has me ****ed up it's too hawt.

ReputationRep:
    Keeping yourself busy might help
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I keep getting the thoughts that I am going to die soon too. They are really powerful and strong to ignore since I have OCD and the thought becomes an obsession

Do you suffer from any kind of anxiety? These thoughts are sadly common if you suffer from anxiety disorders or indeed, any mental disorder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    We're all going to die one day
    I'm sure that helped. :rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.