The Student Room Group

Can Alevels be removed from a Sixth Form?

Hello guys,
I am now studying at Bsix Sixth Form College and doing my GCSEs, and I want to continue doing my Alevels there. However I heard that since the Ofsted rating this year for that college could be bad, all the A level subjects will be removed and it won't be possible to study them from next year as it will become a "Btec college". Is that something that could really happen? I am actually really worried.

Thanks for all the answers.
Reply 1
Original post by Refat000
Hello guys,
I am now studying at Bsix Sixth Form College and doing my GCSEs, and I want to continue doing my Alevels there. However I heard that since the Ofsted rating this year for that college could be bad, all the A level subjects will be removed and it won't be possible to study them from next year as it will become a "Btec college". Is that something that could really happen? I am actually really worried.

Go somewhere else then.
Reply 2
LoL I don't think so somehow talk to your form tutor about it.
Reply 3
I don't think so, my school was terrible and got an awful ofsted but their a levels are still going!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hello guys,

My sixth form does a mixture of alevels and BTEC. In September they removed subjects because not enough on courses and October removed more because previous years did bad and removed enough course for this reason in April. About 10 subjects have been removed this year.
Reply 5
I am now studying at Bsix Sixth Form College and doing my GCSEs, and I want to continue doing my Alevels there. However I heard that since the Ofsted rating this year for that college could be bad, all the A level subjects will be removed and it won't be possible to study them from next year as it will become a "Btec college". Is that something that could really happen

It is nothing to do with Ofsted. However, the school may decide that it has more chance of looking decent in league tables if it ditches A levels, or it may consider them not viable, so they may stop teaching them. If so, go elsewhere.
Hello guys,

No they will still keep A-Levels and BTEC's

Quick Reply

Latest