Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. So I've nearly finished all of my AS exams and they weren't that bad but I'm just worried that i won't get the grades i wanted (predicted ABB at AS but not sure i got that). The A levels I'm taking are psychology, english lit and art. I would really like to go to either university of Manchester or Nottingham and the entry requirements are AAB. Since new a levels mean that AS essentially has no value towards A level grade, does that mean universities will be more lenient if i got grades such as ABC ? Im worried that my subjects will be weak in comparison to others and my grades may not be as good either. Any help or advice would be really useful because I'm just stressing out a bit. Thank you xx

(Also in my iGCSEs i got A*AABBBBBCC (not the best because i was going through a hard time))

ReputationRep:
    If you get ABB A-levels overall you will definitely be fine to study Psychology, but maybe not at Uni of Notts/Manchester if they are asking for AAB.
    I applied for Uni of Leeds to do Psychology who wanted AAB and they didn't accept me on ABB, but offered me a course on Psychology and Philosophy, which I am so glad I declined. I got ABB (A in Psychology, B in Theology and B in Health & Social Care). I have just graduated from Nottingham Trent with a 2:1 and a 1st in my dissertation and I am on course to do MSc Health Psychology in September. So in short, yes the grades you are getting are good enough to study Psychology, but maybe not if asking for AAB (all depends on number of places, applicants etc as well). I highly doubt universities will be more lenient unfortunately, unless they are desperate to fill up spaces, which personally I see as a bad sign on the quality of the course. They will want those with the best grades to study on their courses, especially on courses like Psychology which have a lot of theory and analysis involved.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.