Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As above

hey obviously check with your doctor just to be safe, but don't get down about your weight because that isn't healthy either. I am five foot 8 and weighed just over 16 stone a year ago and it was the worst feeling in the world, mainly because I was 16 at the time and my Mad Fat diary ( a tv series) featured a 16 year old girl who was 16 stone; there was a TV series where someone weighed the same as me and she was called fat! I have lost two stone since then which isn't loads but its a start! The key is too not go overboard don't exclude certain food groups because that's where most diets fail eating in moderation is the key! honestly believing in yourself is the first step to improvement and I'm sure you are a beautiful and lovely girl, just have faith in yourself and that confidence will help you get through it xx Hope it all works out for you xx
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You just need to learn how weight loss works. If you understand it you cna then attack it on three levels.

1. Weight loss happens if you have a consistent calorific deficit, that is you eat less than your body burns in a day. Its as simple as that in theory. For a long time you have eaten more than you burned and thats why you put on weight. Weugh and log your food so you know how much you consume.

2. You can get healthier and assist weight loss if you exercise, but its only a small part. It cna improve your phiscal health and fight depression. The most important aspect is calorie control. Any movement is good- wlaking is an excellent start.

3. Leaning about nutrition will help you select more nutritious food, whicch cna help you feel fuller and become healthier.

To do 1, then you need to be readyu to commit and be consistent. knowing what you are doing and developing a routine helps. Its lifestyle change you wnat , gradual and over time instead of soemthing you cnat cope with. Be realistic and determined.

Thoose three steps are your overall plan, but its mostly 1. You are only 17 so join
    http://sparkteens.com/teen_landing_wl.asp

When you hit 18 then join mufitnesspal.

You cna easily lose the weight if you take small steps, but are consistent. long term think 1lb a week.

Can I jusr add ive seen hundreds of people fail its becayse they dont commit and they dont learn the basics, poor planning, being inconsistent, not weighting their food, impatience etc all very common. Unless you follow 1. above then you will not get there.

I am underweigt and can't gain
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Join sparkteens as linked above then when you are 18 join MFP. You cnam make friends who are gaining as well.

The weight challenge is the opposite to weight loss. You need to eat more calories and you will gain. Its useful if you incorporate exercise and nutrition.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it would be good to see your GP first
    Use myfitnesspal and track your calories and maybe even ur macros, eat 200-300 cals below maintenance
    Don't do one of those 500 calorie diets you won't be able to stick to it in the long term, eat healthily. You can have a cheat meal every now and then
    Running is not the only thing u can do, get an exercise bike or a rowing machine, I love the rowing machine personally
    Do HIIT or try a ketogenic diet (reddit.com/r/keto there are some great guides on there)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh what I wouldn't give to be in that position rather than mine. I don't know much about how to gain weight but all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post pictures :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhia9)
    So I'm 17 and I weigh about 14 stone. My thighs are massive with cellulite, I have stretch marks all down the back of my legs and my belly is huge. I can't wear tight clothes without a waist trainer and even then my rolls still show. I have a double chin and recently I've noticed I'm breaking out more and more. I'm struggling so much to cope with an upcoming court trial about something that happened to me when I was 12, I have periods of depression and the way I deal with things is by eating and eating. I once went for a jog to try and get into a routine of exercising but I had to power walk because I felt stupid jogging where I'm so fat. I'm always absolutely so tired, and I just feel so unhealthy. I'm considering going to my GP to have some blood tests to check for thyroid issues (this is apparently linked to weight gain) and I'm also on the implant which is linked to weight gain. I'd appreciate any comments about your personal experience, any tips on losing weight or just anything you wanna say! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

so basically, last year I was 15 and weighed 200lbs (14 stone). My daily plan would consist of the following: wake up, drink red bull, go to school, drink more red bull at school, come home, play video games until 3 am everyday whilst drinking around about 2x4 can crates a day. Weekends were even worse, wake up at 11am, play video games from 11am to 4-5am and drink litres upon litres of s#]t. Now, I don't know if you know but when you drink sugar drinks, the un-burned sugars are stored as fats in your arteries (glycogen etc). I got bored of this lifestyle, it wasn't what I wanted anymore. So do you know what I did? I sold my Xbox and replaced it with a road bike.

Now, here's my little story of inspiration. So there I was, 15 years old, 5 foot 8 weighing 200lbs with a bike. I just got on it and rid it. Starting with short 5 mile rides, progressing to 10, 15, 20 - you get the idea. Currently, as I post this, I am 16 years old, 6 foot 1 and 175 lbs. Doesn't sound like much, right? Well, heres where the fun bit comes. I burned a lot, I'm talking A LOT, of fat. My body is totally different. But the weight gain after burning this fat comes from muscle. I am proud to say my legs went from looking like crossaints to now being able to see each part of my quad individually and having calves that stick out like ice bergs when I walk. The reason why I'm boasting all of this? You need to do exercise! I went from doing 5 mile rides to now being able to 90 milers at double the average speed (5 miles at 9mph to 90 miles at 18mph). Obviously this doesn't all come from just exercising, no you need to look at what you put in your mouth too. It's basic, weight loss = calories out > calories in. I burn around 3,000 calories in a 4 hours bike ride and in that day I will eat around 2,000. 1,000 of them will be recovery foods and drinks though.

What I'm trying to get at is you need to get out and exercise, whatever you think you look like. I didn't like the idea of wearing skin tight lycra but hell I competitively road race so I wear lycra and shave my legs.

But for real, you need any more help just ask. If people are gonna get salty and say prove it, add me on Snapchat and I'll be glad to show you my bike, my gear or anything you wanna see. I have progress photos too from my data is you want to see it?

My snapchat is jamiecalver. Exactly like my username

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiecalver)
    so basically, last year I was 15 and weighed 200lbs (14 stone). My daily plan would consist of the following: wake up, drink red bull, go to school, drink more red bull at school, come home, play video games until 3 am everyday whilst drinking around about 2x4 can crates a day. Weekends were even worse, wake up at 11am, play video games from 11am to 4-5am and drink litres upon litres of s#]t. Now, I don't know if you know but when you drink sugar drinks, the un-burned sugars are stored as fats in your arteries (glycogen etc). I got bored of this lifestyle, it wasn't what I wanted anymore. So do you know what I did? I sold my Xbox and replaced it with a road bike.

Now, here's my little story of inspiration. So there I was, 15 years old, 5 foot 8 weighing 200lbs with a bike. I just got on it and rid it. Starting with short 5 mile rides, progressing to 10, 15, 20 - you get the idea. Currently, as I post this, I am 16 years old, 6 foot 1 and 175 lbs. Doesn't sound like much, right? Well, heres where the fun bit comes. I burned a lot, I'm talking A LOT, of fat. My body is totally different. But the weight gain after burning this fat comes from muscle. I am proud to say my legs went from looking like crossaints to now being able to see each part of my quad individually and having calves that stick out like ice bergs when I walk. The reason why I'm boasting all of this? You need to do exercise! I went from doing 5 mile rides to now being able to 90 milers at double the average speed (5 miles at 9mph to 90 miles at 18mph). Obviously this doesn't all come from just exercising, no you need to look at what you put in your mouth too. It's basic, weight loss = calories out > calories in. I burn around 3,000 calories in a 4 hours bike ride and in that day I will eat around 2,000. 1,000 of them will be recovery foods and drinks though.

What I'm trying to get at is you need to get out and exercise, whatever you think you look like. I didn't like the idea of wearing skin tight lycra but hell I competitively road race so I wear lycra and shave my legs.

But for real, you need any more help just ask. If people are gonna get salty and say prove it, add me on Snapchat and I'll be glad to show you my bike, my gear or anything you wanna see. I have progress photos too from my data is you want to see it?

My snapchat is jamiecalver. Exactly like my username
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story! It's really good to know that there is hope to get back into shape!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.