Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I am an international student (EU) currently holding 2 offers:
    - pure Economics from Warwick uni
    - Economics with Management from Durham uni
    I couldn't find a topic about a mix of Economics/Management, so decided to start a new one, hoping you could help me.
    I am wondering which of the both offers to firm, I am switching my opinion every second day now... Yes, I have seen both unis, and spoken to staff, which has not made the decision any easier, though.
    My main criteria are
    - making friends fast
    - how modern is the course (stuff like big data, AI incorporated in the course content)
    - staff support
    - employability, especially in the management consulting area
    (- student life)

Last thing in brackets, as though it is important, I expect it to be reasonably well at both unis. Living cost would be another factor to consider, though. Please, bear in mind that I am a EU-student, not a British one

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick

ReputationRep:
    Warwick

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot more Warwick grads than Durham grads in consulting/banking. A warning though - If you are looking for big data/AI, then you've chosen the wrong subject to read at uni.

Just my two cents.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick. And, the real truth is, it's not even close. That said, Durham is great on its own. It's just that Warwick is very well-regarded and its graduates are well favoured by the top employers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bittersteel)
    Hey guys!

I am an international student (EU) currently holding 2 offers:
    - pure Economics from Warwick uni
    - Economics with Management from Durham uni
    I couldn't find a topic about a mix of Economics/Management, so decided to start a new one, hoping you could help me.
    I am wondering which of the both offers to firm, I am switching my opinion every second day now... Yes, I have seen both unis, and spoken to staff, which has not made the decision any easier, though.
    My main criteria are
    - making friends fast
    - how modern is the course (stuff like big data, AI incorporated in the course content)
    - staff support
    - employability, especially in the management consulting area
    (- student life)

Last thing in brackets, as though it is important, I expect it to be reasonably well at both unis. Living cost would be another factor to consider, though. Please, bear in mind that I am a EU-student, not a British one

Thanks for your help!
    I would say Durham is more respected myself

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ I'd take it you don't work in banking or finance or consulting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iskolar)
    ^^^ I'd take it you don't work in banking or finance or consulting.
    Where did you happen to go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    For this course, definitely Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPauling)
    Where did you happen to go to uni?

Chicago undergrad.
    Warwick MSc.
    Currently at Berkeley-Haas.

Originally from Birmingham.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.