Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no one has answerd on the other section so im going to post it here if thats ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RupertB)
    OK..

wat is the question

ReputationRep:
    yeah go on, ask away.

ReputationRep:
    see what i mean this goes all so quikly in comparison with the other..... this questions is on gases.... the answer i am meant to be getting is 0.0227 m3 and im using the number of moles = gas / molar gas and getting confused

it says What volume is occupied by 1 mole of a gas at a pressure of 10^5 Pa at freezing point

ReputationRep:
    see what i mean this goes all so quikly in comparison with the other..... this questions is on gases.... the answer i am meant to be getting is 0.0227 m3 and im using the number of moles = gas / molar gas and getting confused

it says What volume is occupied by 1 mole of a gas at a pressure of 10^5 Pa at freezing point
    use pV = nRT

V = nRT/P

= 8.31x1x273/1x10^5

= 0.0227

ReputationRep:
    thats assuming freezing point is 0 celsius and its the 'freezing' point of water theyre talking about?

they are just being *******s as usual and trying to word it in a manner that puts others off, ok first off you need to come across the ideal gas equation Pv = Nrt p = pressure, v = volume, n = number of moles , r = some gay constant and t = temperature in kelvin

it wants volume so v = nrt / p

ok so it says freezing point, freezing point is zero degrees centigrade but you got to convert that into kelvin, so add 273.15 therefore t = 273.15

it gives you n , n = 1 and r = 8.3????? im not sure..... t , as we worked out is 273.15 and p = 10 to the 5

so v = 1 mol x 8.3 ( i think ) x 273.15 / 10 to the 5

which should give 0.0227 metres cubed you can do the calculation, i cant be bothered, remember to put the top part in brackets

the mole equation u mentioned is good, but id didnt give you the molar mass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    they are just being *******s as usual and trying to word it in a manner that puts others off, ok first off you need to come across the ideal gas equation Pv = Nrt p = pressure, v = volume, n = number of moles , r = some gay constant and t = temperature in kelvin

it wants volume so v = nrt / p

ok so it says freezing point, freezing point is zero degrees centigrade but you got to convert that into kelvin, so add 273.15 therefore t = 273.15

it gives you n , n = 1 and r = 8.3????? im not sure..... t , as we worked out is 273.15 and p = 10 to the 5

so v = 1 mol x 8.3 ( i think ) x 273.15 / 10 to the 5

which should give 0.0227 metres cubed you can do the calculation, i cant be bothered, remember to put the top part in brackets

the mole equation u mentioned is good, but id didnt give you the molar mass!
    that was brilliantly xplained, muh teacher did say something about that equation u sed but only at the end of the lesson

ReputationRep:
    thankx as well narbis

ReputationRep:
    that was brilliantly xplained, muh teacher did say something about that equation u sed but only at the end of the lesson
    Thats a shame, as its the only gas equation youll ever have to use in reality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Thats a shame, as its the only gas equation youll ever have to use in reality
    its a load of bollox mate

ReputationRep:
    its a load of bollox mate
    What is?

np

ReputationRep:
    What is?
    Life. **** I've just slashed my wrists!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    Dont knock it till youve tried it

(Original post by Furtive)
    Cut down and not across remember.

ReputationRep:
    Good response, you're out of my shitlist. Congratulations. The world owes me something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Cut down and not across remember.
    Wheres the image/gif of that?

LOL that deserves applause

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.